• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Ok first of all he probably using an AK-74 5.45mm ammo judging by the pics and just misspoke about what rifle he was using. And yes with a scope and ak74 you can get that moa. I can easily hit targets at 300 yards with my ak47 and im shooting at a target thats 24x24". Im not getting tight great patterns at that distance but i can hit the targets. My advice is to try some different ammo types and i bet you'll start to see some differences.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Ok first of all he probably using an AK-74 5.45mm ammo judging by the pics and just misspoke about what rifle he was using. And yes with a scope and ak74 you can get that moa. I can easily hit targets at 300 yards with my ak47 and im shooting at a target thats 24x24". Im not getting tight great patterns at that distance but i can hit the targets. My advice is to try some different ammo types and i bet you'll start to see some differences.

I asked him to clarify since, as someone else pointed out, the holes in the target looked a bit small for 7.62. He stated definitively that it was an Arsenal Saiga SGL21 AK-47 in 7.62.

What is most unnerving about the whole thing is that someone would post a target like that and lead others (not experienced in rifles) to believe that a Saiga AK-47 is capable of that. He's doing a disservice to himself by deluding himself to help patch holes in any insecurities he has but also hurting those that might fall prey to believing they can get heavy barrel, bolt rifle results with an AK.

It reminds me of some weightlifting forums where guys that later admitted to using test-enanthate would put on 30 pounds of lean mass in less than a year and swear up and down that they did it with perfect diet and lifting routines alone. People new to lifting would follow every bit of their advice assuming this was an exercise expert due to his results only to realize that it will take them 2 to 4 years to accomplish the same thing naturally. Oh well, live and learn.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    My opinion is no. I've owned a WASR 10 (cheap I know), and have a high dollar Koraynovich Arms AK74 Saiga conversion. I can't see that group being shot from anything that starts with an AK. Who knows though...I do know the way to get through Internet BS is to invite the guy to come shoot with ya and see with your own two eyes if he can replicate it. If he flakes about it, it's probably just BS.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    AK = Accuracy, Kinda.

That type of accuracy with an AK 47 style rifle (stock out of the box, no tweaking). I'd have to see it to believe it. Maybe 100yds with a great scope off a rest.

Top Bottom