• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    Ive been looking at alot of rifles and ended up going with an arensal sgl21. Its nice and seems like itll do what i need it to do and seems to have good reveiws.

Got a few questions though. I got two of these cheap metal 30 round mags with it. What are are some of the better mags for it? Has anyone had any issuses i should look out for with this gun? What are some of the cheap but good ammos? Im just looking for some general knowledge. Ive always been a pistol kinda guy. Any input is appreciated.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Buy Circle 10 mags! :yesway:

Is your rifle stamped with Izhmach and Legion? By the way you can't go wrong with an Arsenal. Also, just shoot wolf out of it - those rifles are made to eat anything..

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    I just sold my SGL21 a couple weeks ago & am already regretting it. I bought several surplus mags from AIM & they all were in great shape & functioned well. IIRC they were about $10 ea.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    my personal favorites are circle ten mags... make sure you buy circle tens and not the promag abortions that look very similar.

Another good 'un is the US palm offering.

Hopefully you got a good price on your sgl. About 2 years ago they dropped dramatically in price into the 550 range...they've climbed back to the 800's again.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    those "cheap" stamped mags are still military issue in many combloc countries, are well built solid mags, and will serve you well. The circle 10s are great mags, well built, but also pricey. You can buy 3 stamped steel combloc mags for the price of 1 circle 10.

If you just have to have the best, get circle 10s. If you want good functional mags that are inexpensive, get steel combloc mags.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    those "cheap" stamped mags are still military issue in many combloc countries, are well built solid mags, and will serve you well. The circle 10s are great mags, well built, but also pricey. You can buy 3 stamped steel combloc mags for the price of 1 circle 10.

If you just have to have the best, get circle 10s. If you want good functional mags that are inexpensive, get steel combloc mags.

Sound advice right thar! :yesway:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    sgl 21

An Sgl ey?
    well your gonna need some of these:D An SGL wants one of these.....
    545bak01.jpg

An SGL dont care what mag you put into it unless its Tapco,
    Your SGL will refuse to accept this mag and the ammo thats in it.:):
    Any Comm block steel mags, wobbling or not will work with this rifle.

You don't have to be picky and choosy what you use with this AK, It has no issues.

You should also look more into the many post and threads including the search option here at INGO.

There are 40,000,002 post recently about
    AK's, SGL 20 Sgl 21, Saiga, Bulgarian, 5.45x39, 762x39, 7.62x54r, Russian Ammo evaluation links, furniture, 922r, conversions, optics, and tips on cleaning up rifles with corrosive ammunition, mags, etc.

:welcome:

I will also buy those cheap steel mags from ya????

Last edited:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    If you're interested in Izhmash or Tula bakelite mags, I have a few brand new ones I'm wanting to part with. I have never found any mags that fit better than bakelites. I have 6 AK's and they fit great in all of them.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    images

My mags came from here, they cost about 8-12 bucks each and work fantastic. No brand name, no circle whatever, they just looked like crap, smelled of vodka and potatoes and work.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    K-var is selling the the circle 10's for 33$. Usually you can get them in black, plum or OD. Copes distributing or AIM surplus generally has the best price, but both are out. The US Palm mags work great too if you want some more 992r parts. They also make a bakelite brown mag with a matching grip that's kinda sexy.

6a0133ec985af6970b0134851db653970c-320wi

I don't have one displayed on my futon yet. It'll happen though.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    images

If this Russian only knew that he is driving on top of a small Silver mine:):
    40 to 55$ per mag in 7.62x39
    30 to 55$ per mag in 5.45x39

I had a Circle 10 in 7.62x39 Plum but the rounds would always slide foward when exposed to the top of the mag, I would always have to tuck the top 2 towards the back to feed into the receiver. I ended up trading it for a Tula Bakelite and never looked back.
    Anyone else experience this with their Circle 10's?

Last edited:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    K-var is selling the the circle 10's for 33$. Usually you can get them in black, plum or OD. Copes distributing or AIM surplus generally has the best price, but both are out. The US Palm mags work great too if you want some more 992r parts. They also make a bakelite brown mag with a matching grip that's kinda sexy.

6a0133ec985af6970b0134851db653970c-320wi

I don't have one displayed on my futon yet. It'll happen though.

I bought 3 of the circle 10 at Bradis a few months ago from something like 28 or 29 bucks a pop... cheaper and I didn't have to wait or pay K-Var's ridiculously overpriced shipping charges. :yesway:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    that is a good price. Kvar is way expensive, but they're the only internet folks with them in stock that i noticed.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    +1 on the circle 10 mags from AIM. They are brand new mags and feed flawlessly. Your AK will chew up the cheap steel cased commie ammo with no problems. Personally, I would avoid the corrosive stuff, but that's just me...the first thing I would do is get some US floorplates and followers so you can replace the polymer furniture and get some good Russian surplus furniture off gun broker. Keep it classic!

Top Bottom