• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I still got an Arsenal SGL-20 61 NIB. I don't need the money but I just might. It's got 3x Circle 10's and 4x 20rd Hungarian Tankers. I just can't bring myself to shoot it.

Friendly question - why do you keep it? If you bought it as an investment there's never been a better time to cash in. You clearly didn't buy it to shoot it :) Saving it to pass down some day? The SGL-20 was basically a factory converted Saiga that had a few quirks and issues with some assembly runs, until Arsenal came out with the more well known SGL-21. Still, they seem to be more rare than the 21 series and would likely fetch a relative fortune compared to what you probably bought it for.

I get not selling things for the simple sake of profit - my Arsenals have easily tripled in value from what I spent on them, but dang if I don't enjoy shooting them all. But I do feel bad that poor 20 never gets any use!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The only differences I've found between the SGL-20 and SGL-21 is that the SGL-20 has a Bulgy GB and the accessory lug ground off. Other than that they are still US converted Saigas. I think mine is an '08. I just shoot and train with ARs more. I got a couple thousand rounds of 7.62x39 collecting dust as well. I collect guns. Some are investments, some get shot and trained with. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :yesway:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't know if it is true, but I have read that the 107R rifles are actually being made by ISD Bulgaria (the folks that make those crappy polymer "Bulgarian" mags with the bullets stamped on them). And that the only true Arsenal manufactured rifles currently being built, are milled (SAM 7 lineup). Please take that with a grain of salt, because I haven't verified it. It may just be an internet rumor. I also don't mean to say that just because the mags I referenced suck, that their rifles do too.

I love the Arsenal 107FR, and believe it to be the true pinnacle of AK quality available to us in the USA. I sold my spare a while back (maybe the one that Snorko referenced buying :smileak:) and would pick another one up in a heartbeat if I found a deal on it. If my house were burning down and I had to fight off a horde of flesh eating monsters in the streets with just one chose rifle, it would likely be it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I don't know if it is true, but I have read that the 107R rifles are actually being made by ISD Bulgaria (the folks that make those crappy polymer "Bulgarian" mags with the bullets stamped on them). And that the only true Arsenal manufactured rifles currently being built, are milled (SAM 7 lineup). Please take that with a grain of salt, because I haven't verified it. It may just be an internet rumor. I also don't mean to say that just because the mags I referenced suck, that their rifles do too.

I love the Arsenal 107FR, and believe it to be the true pinnacle of AK quality available to us in the USA. I sold my spare a while back (maybe the one that Snorko referenced buying :smileak:) and would pick another one up in a heartbeat if I found a deal on it. If my house were burning down and I had to fight off a horde of flesh eating monsters in the streets with just one chose rifle, it would likely be it.

Yep, that is the one I referenced. And to your credit, I would say in hind sight you sold it at a good INGO price. I agree the 107FR is at or near the top. I have a 103 clone from Krebs built on a 107FR and with the shortened barrel it is my tops go-to AK.

Top Bottom