• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I heard early on that Wyoming was on their short list. Makes sense, as it would be much easier to relocate their employees.

VERY glad Indiana is making the effort, though! We should be courting ALL firearms, accessory, and ammo manufacturers. Our state is about as best equipped for them as you can get (gun friendly, not terrible taxes, and a great manufacturing base).

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    While it would be awesome to see Magpul make the move to Indy, I have to agree that more then likely they already know where they are going. But it's still good to see Indiana make a play for them none the less.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've personally sent 2 letters to Magpul highlighting the advantages of the Hoosier state; 1 early on, and 1 after the cursed legislation passed.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Certainly can't hurt to try! May be a start as I am sure many on the East commie coast are at least contemplating a move to a more firearm friendly state.

Indiana has many advantages - Right to work state. Many high tech employes out of work, Central location as far as shipping, existing manufacturing plants empty, great supplies of utilities -electrical, water, natural gas etc, fairly low taxes - good costs as far as unemployment benefits etc.

Access to Universities (and associated personnel). And I think the work ethic it pretty good in Indiana.

The cost of living is far lower in Indiana as compared to the Coast, meaning lower wages. Hopefully Colt, S&W and a few other will look toward us!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So certain politicians/development groups can invite all they want, in the name of business, or a false claim of 2A support.
    In the end MP had a place to go and nothing happens, good or bad here, to taint the folks who "tried".

Really, that's simple politics.

Which ones invited Magpul 2 or maybe even 4 years ago?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Wrote to Magpul again:

Greetings from the Hoosier State again!

It has come to my attention that Magpul has made a stand against Colorado's proposed gun / mag ban legislation. I, and the many, many I represent as law-abiding gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters, stand behind Magpul in their decision.

For me personally, I have made the decision that I will further support Magpul by buying whatever Magpul products I can utilize, including mags, videos, etc. I am further encouraging all gun owners I know to do the same in support of your company.

Further, as an offering, may I strongly suggest that Magpul consider moving at least part of it's operations to the great State of Indiana? We are a strong pro-gun State, and we support the 2nd Amendment and those companies who provide the goods and services represented in that.

For me personally, if Magpul makes such a consideration, I will personally do all I can, in my off / spare time, to scout / research locations and provide real estate and business information, provide any research and information Magpul may need in order to make the move as smooth and painless as possible for Magpul. This assistance is provided gratis to Magpul to the extent I can do so. Just let me know what you need.

Unlike some other States (hmmmm, Connecticut comes to mind, as well), Indiana WANTS your business here! To show you just how serious we believe, please read this Indiana legislative proposal: http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/SRESF/SR0061.html

It is our intent, and we believe it imperative that gun owners and gun-related manufacturers stand shoulder to shoulder and fight against those who are against the 2nd Amendment, and the meaning behind it our Founding Fathers intended.

As a final, ultimate inducement, on the day Magpul breaks ground or opens the doors on a facility in Indiana, I will personally present the President of Magpul a free pound of BACON! Now c'mon, how can ANY guy resist that golden prize?

Just let me know how I can help!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Wouldn't it turn into bizzaro world if our legislators realized that passing laws to make our state more free would improve it's employment situation? Freedom is popular, go figure.

Top Bottom