Article from today's rally. Very hateful comments towards gun owners.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I stayed up way too late throwing facts at them as well as some video links from the 1st rally encounter. Funny thing is I did not see the Youtube hit counter increment more then 1 the whole time I was posting on there. They obviously do already have their minds made up and don't want any facts to sway their lemming opinions.

These people really believe they are doing the right thing. They really believe and no amount of fact/fiction or any other argument is going to sway them from those "In Concrete" belief's. I have went round and round with those who believe in dis-arming us. They truly believe that total dis-arming will end the violence. After a while they are stuck in sound bites and mis-information. When you back them into an intellectual corner with sound reasoning and fact they come out swinging wildly with the same sort of crap they threw at the OP. You should be shot for thinking like that is used more often than not. I have not heard the penis remark as yet.
    I am growing weary from the onslaught of stupidity and am really just wanting to smash a few of these idiots in the jewels but as stated....higher standards and all. This is why I am not the best candidate for these rally's. I do not play well with idiots.
    I respect and support the efforts of those who do subject themselves to these sheeple. You are far more patient than I am.
    +1 to you all.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    The most laughable part is that many of us have taken several measures to carry in a concealed fashion so as NOT to offend or scare those that pee their pants every time they notice a weapon on somebody not in a law enforcement uniform. Frankly, with summer approaching, I may just suspend my long held concealed carry philosophy in favor of comfort.
    I've just come to the conclusion that, while still being respectful, I don't care what anyone thinks any more. If they're offended, they're offended. I won't, however, ram my ideologies and beliefs down their throats. I'll give them the facts and let them do with them what they wish.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Wow. That was painful to watch. And no matter what the subject is, no matter how hard I try, I always wind up looking at the comments section in the vain hope that there's a reasonable debate going on. I need to stop doing that.

From what I can tell of the article and video, there's nothing really in here that shows intimidation. As far as I'm aware, this is the only time "intimidation" has been an issue at any of the 2A rallies and based on the video that I saw you seemed to be engaging in a reasonable, albeit heated discussion based on that 2 minute video clip that I'm sure was edited.

That being said, I think both sides could have been more tactful, no offense to the OP or his manhood. I'd like to think that we'd be much more better better off trying to persuade or at least educate the few people willing to listen through reasonable, respectful debate, which is impossible to do on an internet forum.

P.S. to the OP, we should go shooting once I get my rifle build finished

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Wow. That was painful to watch. And no matter what the subject is, no matter how hard I try, I always wind up looking at the comments section in the vain hope that there's a reasonable debate going on. I need to stop doing that.

:yesway:

Very well said. I do the same thing, and every time it just gets me upset that I have to share the same country as some of these people.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield

From what I can tell of the article and video, there's nothing really in here that shows intimidation. As far as I'm aware, this is the only time "intimidation" has been an issue at any of the 2A rallies and based on the video that I saw you seemed to be engaging in a reasonable, albeit heated discussion based on that 2 minute video clip that I'm sure was edited.

That being said, I think both sides could have been more tactful, no offense to the OP or his manhood. I'd like to think that we'd be much more better better off trying to persuade or at least educate the few people willing to listen through reasonable, respectful debate, which is impossible to do on an internet forum.

P.S. to the OP, we should go shooting once I get my rifle build finished
    I need to stop reading the comments. The more I read, the more I want to just slap some sense into someone. Literally every other comment has to do with me compensating for my assumed lack of testicular fortitude. It's just ridiculous. They say we were being bullies, but at the same time are doing the exact same thing they claim we were doing.

There is so much ignorance coming from them. From saying it's illegal to carry a rifle to it being illegal to carry a loaded weapon to saying the police should have been called (there were 3-4 standing on the steps to the left of the statue) to saying I was one comment or look away from shooting someone.

It doesn't matter now and nothing will change their opinions, but nothing of the sort happened. John and I walked with our group down the sidewalk, we stood well off to the side, and then were approached by the channel 13 reporter. After that, we engaged in reasonable discussion with numerous members of their group. Hell, John even said hello to, and hugged, one of the women who was with their group. He had met her at one of their meetings he went to, and she was a nice lady. We even handed out business cards to some of them. I had an instance where I walked away from a conversation because it was going no where and I no longer wanted to be a part of it. How is my choosing to walk away considered intimidation and bullying?

In retrospect, I would have done nothing different.

In regards to your reasonable, respectful debate. There was a gentleman who asked if and where our group met, and proposed something to that effect. However, I don't think it would be an effective, worthwhile endeavor since it would probably turn heated.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I need to stop reading the comments. The more I read, the more I want to just slap some sense into someone. Literally every other comment has to do with me compensating for my assumed lack of testicular fortitude. It's just ridiculous. They say we were being bullies, but at the same time are doing the exact same thing they claim we were doing.

There is so much ignorance coming from them. From saying it's illegal to carry a rifle to it being illegal to carry a loaded weapon to saying the police should have been called (there were 3-4 standing on the steps to the left of the statue) to saying I was one comment or look away from shooting someone.

It doesn't matter now and nothing will change their opinions, but nothing of the sort happened. John and I walked with our group down the sidewalk, we stood well off to the side, and then were approached by the channel 13 reporter. After that, we engaged in reasonable discussion with numerous members of their group. Hell, John even said hello to, and hugged, one of the women who was with their group. He had met her at one of their meetings he went to, and she was a nice lady. We even handed out business cards to some of them. I had an instance where I walked away from a conversation because it was going no where and I no longer wanted to be a part of it. How is my choosing to walk away considered intimidation and bullying?

In retrospect, I would have done nothing different.

In regards to your reasonable, respectful debate. There was a gentleman who asked if and where our group met, and proposed something to that effect. However, I don't think it would be an effective, worthwhile endeavor since it would probably turn heated.

Aren't you a student still? IUPUI's chapter of Students for Concealed Carry is working on getting some events like this set up on campus. I believe on Wednesday, a separate group of students, Young Americans for Liberty, will be holding a series of debates on gun control sponsored by IUPUI SCCC. Myself and a few other members of SCCC and other pro-gun students will be in attendence.

https://www.facebook.com/events/149708735197576/

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Aren't you a student still? IUPUI's chapter of Students for Concealed Carry is working on getting some events like this set up on campus. I believe on Wednesday, a separate group of students, Young Americans for Liberty, will be holding a series of debates on gun control sponsored by IUPUI SCCC. Myself and a few other members of SCCC and other pro-gun students will be in attendance.

https://www.facebook.com/events/149708735197576/
    Nope, I haven't been in school since I graduated high school. I wouldn't mind attending some of those though, if I have the time or ability.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Nope, I haven't been in school since I graduated high school. I wouldn't mind attending some of those though, if I have the time or ability.

Feel free. IUPUI's a public campus, although you will have to find and pay for visitor parking or park off campus. IUPUISCCC is also working on some events too. We have an empty holster protest coming up and we're working on recruiting new members.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    In light of the comments and remarks that have been made about myself and John, I have come up with an idea. Would there be any interest in t-shirts that had an AR silhouette that say "Does this rifle make my penis look big?"

I would work with a local group and donate the proceeds to them or possibly use them for advertising future events/rallies.

Priceless! :yesway:

Will there be one for the ladies?

Last edited:

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Reading that "article" and the comments especially made me sick. If you look at the majority of the people making these comments, they are older adults who do or could have children. That sickened me because what kind of thought process or problem solving skills are these people teaching their children. If you don't like something or something scares you, violently attack it, don't attempt to learn anything, just go after it and/or its supporters in the most disrespectful and demeaning way possible. Don't discuss things with facts and reason, just let your raw emotions lead your actions. Makes me sick.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reading that "article" and the comments especially made me sick. If you look at the majority of the people making these comments, they are older adults who do or could have children. That sickened me because what kind of thought process or problem solving skills are these people teaching their children. If you don't like something or something scares you, violently attack it, don't attempt to learn anything, just go after it and/or its supporters in the most disrespectful and demeaning way possible. Don't discuss things with facts and reason, just let your raw emotions lead your actions. Makes me sick.

I make my living making decisions based on fact and logic. I read the comments too and I've got to stop looking at that stuff before I blow a gasket.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Priceless! :yesway:

Will there be one for the ladies?
    I'm a lady and I would wear one now and then maybe

I mean heck, they are the ones saying that to carry that rifle is to make up for a lack of manhood... I certainly do lack manhood, it isn't why I carry.... but :dunno:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It is sad that the majority on the side of gun control and confiscation seem to be filled with hate, and violent tendencies. I read somewhere that the attackers in recent mass shootings have been registered Democrats. Very interesting, and troubling that their own tactics and mantra only seem to feed more violent reactions from this group screaming for peace. Kinda seems backwards that those that are being attacked, and accused of being capable of mass murder are those that actually look at facts, react in a civilized manner, and dont resort to name calling and personal attacks at the drop of a hat.

I applaud those of you that have kept a cool head during these rallies. In some sick way, I think that they are trying to goad Pro 2nd Amendment citizens into the same uncivilized protest, and prove that we are a dangerous lot.

I hope I never live to see the day, but I dont think they realize the can of worms it would open up if gun owners ever did get pushed into the corner to the point we are forced to use their tactics.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I make my living making decisions based on fact and logic. I read the comments too and I've got to stop looking at that stuff before I blow a gasket.

(1) facts...they make them up as they go to fit what ever they are wailing about.....

(2) Logic...does not have anything to do with how they attack us as a group.

(3) Gaskets....I have blown mine already. This is why I just can not attend these things. I can debate, converse with anyone on any subject if done rationally. As stated before, when you back them up with #'s 1 and 2 they revert to the size and inadequacy of your penis. I have 6 children.

I have met OP and find him a stable and rational person.
    Now me on the other hand, well, nuff said.............;)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Now seriously, a person who threatens to shoot another person should get on the "no guns for you list", if not charged with Intimidation.

At the least, the MSM should be showcasing the irony that anti-violence people propose to use violence to further their ends...

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I applaud those of you that have kept a cool head during these rallies. In some sick way, I think that they are trying to goad Pro 2nd Amendment citizens into the same uncivilized protest, and prove that we are a dangerous lot.
    While not my intentions with this specific series of events, I have found that when you are calm, collected, and don't raise your voice or talk down to someone it is infinitely more effect than the opposite. When someone expects an angered or defensive reaction to what they are saying/doing, and you don't give them that, it just pisses them off even more. I consider that a win.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I wholeheartedly agree that name calling = no valid argument. Sadly, a lot of the name-calling in the comments was from pro-2A folks. We often see the same kind of thing here on INGO (calling people libtards, baby killers, etc.). In order to be taken seriously, we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Bravo, + eleventy billion.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head. That same logic should apply to the name calling of politicians we disagree with as well. I've seen the President referred to as many less than polite things, "bobo" for example, on this very board. Where is our civility? If we expect to be taken seriously, name calling can't be in our repertoire.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    LOL. It's from Think Progress. Did anyone seriously think that gun owners were going to get a fair shake or that there would be anything like a rational discourse?

Top Bottom