• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Where can I find one of these 'short trigger pull' Glocks. All of mine seem to have a rather long trigger pull when compared to my 1911s or CZs in single action. Overall, it's hard to find fault with the article. The quote above (repeated here) is absolutely correct.

I've always been on the fence regarding recommending a Glock to a new shooter. On one hand, it's a simple, reliable, point and shoot weapon. On the other hand, it can kill them if they make the simple mistake of switching the order of the disassembly process. Eject the chambered round, drop the mag, pull the trigger and BANG! Crap, that should be drop the mag, eject the round and then pull the trigger for disassembly. Of course, there should be a couple of chamber checks before they ever pull the trigger, but newbies tend to forget stuff like that.

I'm of the other mindset, Glock was my first gun. The way I figure it, if it isn't forgiving, I won't develop bad habits. My only ND was at the range with the muzzle pointed downrange after the gun had been malfunctioning. And no, it wasn't a problem with the gun, but a problem with my re-assembly.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    As the revered Col. Cooper said: "Safety lies between the ears, and not the hands." Any moron can have a ND at any time, and we can agree that with some folks, no weapon in the world would be safe in their hands. If Rule Three is observed diligently and always, there will be no problem. A simple solution and statement, however, difficult at times to always follow.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So Glocks are the fat chicks of the gun world? I can accept that. I keep telling the young guys at work to ditch these cute little petite things they are dating. Hot chicks are nothing but trouble.
    Man, ain't that the truth! Fortunately, in the gun world, pretty is everlasting (or at least restorable), but in people, it fades into insecurity. I keep telling my son's that, when it's time, to marry the person, not the appearance.

Ok, I do want to ammend my earlier comment about Glocks being the Rosie O'Donnell of the gun world. That was simply wrong. Rosie O'Donnell is both ugly and completely useless. If I had a pile of manure in the back that I put a tarp over and needed something to hold the tarp down, I don't think she (I think it's a she) would be useful for even that task. I wouldn't know if I should put her on top of the tarp or under it with all the other manure.

I'd say that the Glocks are more like Merryl Streep. The appearance is nice to most, great to some, but few would swap out a Victoria Secret model for her on the runway. Regardless of appearance though, the function is brilliant.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Man, ain't that the truth! Fortunately, in the gun world, pretty is everlasting (or at least restorable), but in people, it fades into insecurity. I keep telling my son's that, when it's time, to marry the person, not the appearance.

Ok, I do want to ammend my earlier comment about Glocks being the Rosie O'Donnell of the gun world. That was simply wrong. Rosie O'Donnell is both ugly and completely useless. If I had a pile of manure in the back that I put a tarp over and needed something to hold the tarp down, I don't think she (I think it's a she) would be useful for even that task. I wouldn't know if I should put her on top of the tarp or under it with all the other manure.

I'd say that the Glocks are more like Merryl Streep. The appearance is nice to most, great to some, but few would swap out a Victoria Secret model for her on the runway. Regardless of appearance though, the function is brilliant.

Merryl Streep, no way. Glock is the big boned, broad shouldered plain faced girl who's extended family is all named knepp or yoder or schwarzentrueber. She's a hard worker, tough as nails and a real sweet person unless you forget the rules and get out of line. Lay your hands on her in anger or screw around on her and she will put your dick in the dirt, but do right and she's good as gold.

Glock's not a beauty queen, but when it's four in the morning and someone is kicking in the door, she will be the prettiest girl you ever saw because she can run that bobcat in the shed and go the rest of her life without telling anyone about what's in that hole you guys might have to dig as soon as the sun comes up.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Merryl Streep, no way. Glock is the big boned, broad shouldered plain faced girl who's extended family is all named knepp or yoder or schwarzentrueber. She's a hard worker, tough as nails and a real sweet person unless you forget the rules and get out of line. Lay your hands on her in anger or screw around on her and she will put your dick in the dirt, but do right and she's good as gold.

Glock's not a beauty queen, but when it's four in the morning and someone is kicking in the door, she will be the prettiest girl you ever saw because she can run that bobcat in the shed and go the rest of her life without telling anyone about what's in that hole you guys might have to dig as soon as the sun comes up.

I do like girls like that, maybe thats why I gravitated towards Glocks...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

No, I don't mind hearing a Glock speak.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by 88E30M50 I'd say that the Glocks are more like Merryl Streep. The appearance is nice to most, great to some, but few would swap out a Victoria Secret model for her on the runway. Regardless of appearance though, the function is brilliant.

No, I don't mind hearing a Glock speak.
    ---
    Have you ever heard a Victoria's Secret Model speak? I find there are few dolts in the crowd. There are a few, but not the majority. I don't mind hearing them speak and they are much nicer to look at.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'd say that the Glocks are more like Merryl Streep. The appearance is confusing to some, great to a few, but most think she looks like a dude Regardless of appearance though, the function is brilliant.

FIFY
    I don't find her attractive. I also see a big similarity between the apperence of Gllocks and HiPoint C9's....

I think the article in the OP raises a question and then makes sure it comes to the conclusion it wants. I recall a similar article decrying manual safeties as getting someone killed in SD situation. Six of one......

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville

I'll take that and live happily ever after.

Top Bottom