• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Ok - Ive got a nice bonus coming in and have decided that santa didnt fill my stocking enough so ill have to do it myself this year. I have been eyeing 2 rifles and right now have found a sale on both for roughly half the normal cost...so they are a few hundred bucks apart. Im looking for First hand experience/owners to give their insight/experience with the ARX and the new BREN. I like the ARX design but have heard the trigger stinks out loud, Bren ive not had much experience with but handled one about 2 years ago when they were Brand new to market and i scoffed at the price of 2500 and moved on. I know its heavier than the ARX.
    Any one have one or both can clue me in - right now im leaning to the ARX due to it being the cheaper of the 2, but im into a new range toy that may cross over to a CQB/comp rifle.
    Thanks.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have an ARX-100 and it has been a 100% reliable joy to shoot. Last time I had it out I was with my daughter. Do to range arrangements I shot left handed and she shot right. It was nice that it only took a button push to change the ARX ejection from left to right and back again. Never did any bench test accuracy but the way we were shooting it was right on.

Been a while so I honestly can't tell you about the trigger, but Berettas are notorious for starting with gritty triggers that smooth out to silk after a few rounds.

Also with the side folding stock it does make a great CQ rifle.

Top Bottom