• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I Carry a man-bag with tourniquet, chest seals bandaids etc lotion sanitizer wallet flashlight cigar tools whatever else I wanna stuff in there. On my person knife firearm Pom oc spray and phone

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    I Carry a man-bag with tourniquet, chest seals bandaids etc lotion sanitizer wallet flashlight cigar tools whatever else I wanna stuff in there. On my person knife firearm Pom oc spray and phone
    I like to see the first aid (other than just band aids). The pepper spray is a nice, non-lethal to carry. I have seen some carry batons, saps or brass knuckles.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The only thing I absolutely won't leave the house without is clothing. Considered it a few times, but, NAHHH! I don't have a BOB, nor a use for one. I don't even have an EDC, actually. I have a few FCs (frequent carry), and a Keltech P32 I leave in the car. I don't own a long-gun of any kind. I don't carry cash unless I am headed out to buy my PowerBall ticket. In my humble opinion, if the $#!T hits the fan like you seem to be planning for, you are F-iretr-ucked, anyway. Seems like a complete waste of time, money, and brain-power to me. Ooh, seems like I may be onto something, there. Or a troll?
    Yeah, I'm pretty low speed, high drag too. I usually am carrying a snub with a spare speed loader...oh, I do carry a pocket knife though.

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    Yeah, I'm pretty low speed, high drag too. I usually am carrying a snub with a spare speed loader...oh, I do carry a pocket knife though.
    What made you choose to carry a revolver? Function, comforter, familiarity? I carry a snub nose revolver on occasion but I don’t like not having the capacity. I only carry the one revolver because I know I am accurate with it and it’s dependable.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    EDC handgun, extra mag, Leatherman, watch, phone, 2 credit cards, some cash, wallet, and reading glasses on my person. BOB bag with 3-4 days of "goodies" in the truck. Not real worried about SHFT situation, but more concerned about mechanical breakdown, car accident, or weather issues while out on the road. And there is always the issue of unstable people or random acts of violence. Situational awareness is critical these days. Best to be prepared for a realistic problem than a zombie attack.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    What made you choose to carry a revolver? Function, comforter, familiarity? I carry a snub nose revolver on occasion but I don’t like not having the capacity. I only carry the one revolver because I know I am accurate with it and it’s dependable.
    This was not directed at me, but I've recently been moving my carry guns to all DAO. P32, CM9, CA Off Duty, S&W 442. Consistency of trigger/action type is/was my motivation. Granted, reloading is way different.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Carry a Ruger LCP Custom and extra mag, wallet, Swiss Army knife and keys. Jacket has a flashlight and Leatherman tool. (Currently in the process of upgrading to a Ruger LCP Max.)

Truck has First Aid kit, tools, water, snacks, blanket, extra work clothes.

For cross country travel, I install a lock box in the truck with a Ruger LC9 and spare ammo. Second lock box contains a WWSD Civil Defense AR rifle, ammo and IFAK. Usually add one or two full five gallon fuel cans, depending on route and distance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My EDC is a H&K P2000. I have an extra mag I carry with. In my vehicle I have a sling bag that has 5 or 6 extra mags for it with FMJ, mostly in case of an unexpected range visit. Also I have a vest with one of those water filter straws and an aluminum water bottle, and 6 loaded Ak mags. I also have an AK side folder.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    In my pockets when I'm out and about
    Wallet, SAK, lighter, chap stick, Kershaw onion, car fob. On my belt these days is a G26 with red dot and extended mag....being a 1911 and Smith revolver aficionado, it's kinda out of character for me.
    Car and truck both have get home bags.truck has a Remington 12.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I can’t really list what I carry because it varies from day to day and where I go. I work 36 miles from where I live. Where I live is a fortress in the middle of nowhere and if there is any warning, I’m not leaving barring a necessary evac, for which I have contingency plans and out of state back up locations.

What I will say is that for my daily job, I am fully prepared and capable of getting home, down to walking if necessary, and I have practiced it and regularly do long distance hiking. I know the routes, and I am fairly well trained in e&e.

Something can always go wrong, but I’ve covered the odds that I reasonably can, and my lifestyle has been geared towards survival at every level of shtf which is way more than just TEOTWAWKI.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Depends on the day and length of travel. This morning I am waiting on my daughter and about to make the 3-4 mile trip to drop her off at school.

Small handgun on belt, Swiss Army knife, wallet, keys, utility flashlight, phone, watch

Vehicle: depends but both have a small tool box, jumper cables, weather resistant blanket, first aid/trauma kits, extra jacket/wind breaker, rain coat spare firearm locked in a safe.

Traveling: depends but if it’s any distance sturdy shoes, some snacks/food or maybe even a couple MREs if it is a long trip, bottled water, rain gear, shotgun

Edit: a backpack. I pretty much always have a backpack because I might want to take my laptop. If you want to carry a rain coat, some power bars and some bottles of water I would have a backpack. In my computer bag I stash a pair of lightweight wool socks, extra underwear, toothbrush and some anti seizure medication that I have to take.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Not directed at me, but I can speak to this as well.

Given the choice, I'll take a service-size or traditional "compact" auto in most situations, but revolvers do have their place. I carry one when I can't or don't want to be encumbered by something larger, or as a backup to a duty gun.

I have big hands. Most of the micro-compact autos don't work well for me, but I can grip and shoot a J-Frame pretty well. The long, heavy trigger is an added measure of safety in a pocket holster compared the light/short pull of many of the striker-fired semis on the market today. There's also no slide to get jammed out of battery or hung up on the inside of a pocket.

It's not the right tool for every situation, but it's a good choice for some.

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    EDC handgun, extra mag, Leatherman, watch, phone, 2 credit cards, some cash, wallet, and reading glasses on my person. BOB bag with 3-4 days of "goodies" in the truck. Not real worried about SHFT situation, but more concerned about mechanical breakdown, car accident, or weather issues while out on the road. And there is always the issue of unstable people or random acts of violence. Situational awareness is critical these days. Best to be prepared for a realistic problem than a zombie attack.
    Situational awareness. This is more than just having a view of the door at the restaurant. This encompasses being able to see, hear, and feel (emotion, vibe, tension) your surroundings. Also, just being prepared for what life throws at you is always a safe bet. The realistic problems can always be the worst because it is not too complicated to plan a head for them. Thanks for your post.

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    This was not directed at me, but I've recently been moving my carry guns to all DAO. P32, CM9, CA Off Duty, S&W 442. Consistency of trigger/action type is/was my motivation. Granted, reloading is way different.
    Carrying and shooting what is comfortable to the end user is always the best option. When I talk conceal carry, I don’t care if you carry a slingshot or spitball straw, as long as you can accurately and effectively engage and neutral your target and get home whole.

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    Carry a Ruger LCP Custom and extra mag, wallet, Swiss Army knife and keys. Jacket has a flashlight and Leatherman tool. (Currently in the process of upgrading to a Ruger LCP Max.)

Truck has First Aid kit, tools, water, snacks, blanket, extra work clothes.

For cross country travel, I install a lock box in the truck with a Ruger LC9 and spare ammo. Second lock box contains a WWSD Civil Defense AR rifle, ammo and IFAK. Usually add one or two full five gallon fuel cans, depending on route and distance.
    I like it. Adding a rifle to the mix as a primary or secondary, depending on the situation, can make a huge difference. I have to ask, is you AR foldable or just have a bigger lock box?

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    My EDC is a H&K P2000. I have an extra mag I carry with. In my vehicle I have a sling bag that has 5 or 6 extra mags for it with FMJ, mostly in case of an unexpected range visit. Also I have a vest with one of those water filter straws and an aluminum water bottle, and 6 loaded Ak mags. I also have an AK side folder.
    First person to bring up a vest. Chest rig, plate carrier (with or without plates), full kit? I did carry a chest rig with full combat load, zip ties, and IFAK for a while when our nation had so many human road blocks.

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    In my pockets when I'm out and about
    Wallet, SAK, lighter, chap stick, Kershaw onion, car fob. On my belt these days is a G26 with red dot and extended mag....being a 1911 and Smith revolver aficionado, it's kinda out of character for me.
    Car and truck both have get home bags.truck has a Remington 12.
    Very nice. Adding a shotgun to the mix. What made you decide to carry a Glock being a 1911/S&W revolver aficionado?

Bacon0101

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Franklin, IN
    I can’t really list what I carry because it varies from day to day and where I go. I work 36 miles from where I live. Where I live is a fortress in the middle of nowhere and if there is any warning, I’m not leaving barring a necessary evac, for which I have contingency plans and out of state back up locations.

What I will say is that for my daily job, I am fully prepared and capable of getting home, down to walking if necessary, and I have practiced it and regularly do long distance hiking. I know the routes, and I am fairly well trained in e&e.

Something can always go wrong, but I’ve covered the odds that I reasonably can, and my lifestyle has been geared towards survival at every level of shtf which is way more than just TEOTWAWKI.
    You Sir are a role model! I also travel 40 miles one way for work but I have not walked any routes yet. I have driven alternate routes and have them mapped in my GPS. Your kingdom is your fortress and having it prepared is detrimental to survival. Thank you for your post. I hope other read it and get a few pointers from it.

Top Bottom