Ashley Madison web site hacked. Sorry cheaters...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sure, why not? :):

I never said anything about condemning them myself. I just said that it is amusing that they, through their own malfeasance, put themselves in the position to face unpleasant consequences for their misdeeds with no sympathy coming to them. I didn't volunteer to do anything to them myself.

It's also worth commenting what the second quote was that Christ made afterward to the woman who was spared by His entreaty: "Go, and sin no more."

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You really need to find people more worthy of others' condolences.
    I really don't give a rodent's sphincter about who you think deserves "condolences", but I'm always amused by the way people assume and defend their various holier than thou positions. Using the New Testament to justify judging and treating others without love or sympathy, that's rich. But do whatever blows your dress up.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hey, don't worry, I'm not going to stick around here and get in the way of a good stoning, just passing through. I wish the "New Posts" button could be configured to only show new posts in *selected* forums, too. Go ahead and get back to your business.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I really don't give a rodent's sphincter about who you think deserves "condolences", but I'm always amused by the way people assume and defend their various holier than thou positions. Using the New Testament to justify judging and treating others without love or sympathy, that's rich. But do whatever blows your dress up.

Love would be teaching them to get their act together before they end up extra crispy for eternity, much like Christ did with the woman you mentioned. He told her to go and sin no more. He did NOT tell here that what she did was acceptable. He did NOT give her sympathy. He gave her instruction toward eternal life.

It doesn't strike me as being so sanctimonious that I do not feel sympathy for people reaping the consequences of their own actions. If you want to use that Biblical analogy, this is much like the passer-by shaking his head, not picking up a rock.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Love would be teaching them to get their act together before they end up extra crispy for eternity, much like Christ did with the woman you mentioned. He told her to go and sin no more. He did NOT tell here that what she did was acceptable. He did NOT give her sympathy. He gave her instruction toward eternal life.

totally valid, as long as you view it from the Jesus role, rather than that of the role of someone in the crowd. I think a lot of people here see themselves more in that role.

when *I* read that story, my impression is that the lesson for *Me* is to put down the stones and examine my own life rather than judging others (other than maybe my children...)

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

IOW, in your world, no one is to question unethical behavior for what it is, lest he be considered "judgmental," which surely in your world is far worse than said unethical behavior.
    Oh, and while we're at it, your little over-the-edge comment about a dress is particularly ironic coming from someone who chose that avatar.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    IOW, in your world, no one is to question unethical behavior for what it is, lest he be considered "judgmental," which surely in your world is far worse than said unethical behavior.
    Oh, and while we're at it, your little over-the-edge comment about a dress is particularly ironic coming from someone who chose that avatar.

Oh ****, I think I just got a hard look.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    totally valid, as long as you view it from the Jesus role, rather than that of the role of someone in the crowd. I think a lot of people here see themselves more in that role.

when *I* read that story, my impression is that the lesson for *Me* is to put down the stones and examine my own life rather than judging others (other than maybe my children...)

First, it is not really possible to act as you suggest since I don't know and don't see any of these people. Philosophically, I would go that way with those who would listen. I also believe that hackers are in fact dangerous and destructive criminals who should be identified and prosecuted even in the event of attacking people who really don't generate much sympathy. This would be analogous with my arguments in defense of the rights of criminals generated not from any love of criminals but rather from the knowledge that once government is allowed to live outside the rule of law according to one whim, it can do so according to any whim. That said, I don't feel much sympathy, much in the same way I would feel no sympathy for anyone but the violated nonparticipant spouse if they got someone that doesn't wash off from failure to practice positive zipper control.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The people 'defending' the Ashley Madison clientele seem to be missing an important distinction. The target of the hack was a BUSINESS and the sum total of their 'business model' was to provide a commercial service to facilitate adultery and to run a sister site, also hacked, that would fix women of easy virtue up with sugar daddys. I am not aware of the hackers blackmailing anyone BUT the site and the ransom they desire is that the two sites be shut down for good. Hardly seems like a black hat stampede to me. I have no sympathy for the people running that business and the people WHO MADE A CONSCIOUS CHOICE to get involved in something like this are collateral damage - self inflicted wounds. iChokePeople did you feel similar sympathy for the 'innocent' customers of Silk Road when it was taken down?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

See anyone you know in this mirror?

[h=3]troll[SUP]2[/SUP]/trōl/
    [/h]
    verb

1. make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    2. fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
    3. sing (something) in a happy and carefree way.
    4. walk; stroll.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Can you show me where I defended anyone? My only complaint is that a lot of people use a particular tool to measure and flog others while ignoring what seems to be a clear, fundamental point of that text -- love more, judge less, show mercy if you pray for that same mercy yourself. Of course those of you who are perfect, get on with it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Can you show me where I defended anyone? My only complaint is that a lot of people use a particular tool to measure and flog others while ignoring what seems to be a clear, fundamental point of that text -- love more, judge less, show mercy if you pray for that same mercy yourself. Of course those of you who are perfect, get on with it.

Not really following you here. You are here judging others for being critical of adultery, and specifically folks who signed up for a website devoted to it?

It isn't like we are talking about the usual type of adultery here, ie coworker/friend/got drunk.

We are talking about people who went out and paid a website to help them premeditatedly break their wedding vows with perfect strangers.

Saying that is wrong is no different than what Christ did when he said "go forth and sin no more".

I do not wish the destruction of anyone's marriage or their privacy. That said, if you set out to destroy your marriage and in doing so risk your privacy, I say you assumed the risk...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Not really following you here. You are here judging others for being critical of adultery, and specifically folks who signed up for a website devoted to it?

It isn't like we are talking about the usual type of adultery here, ie coworker/friend/got drunk.

We are talking about people who went out and paid a website to help them premeditatedly break their wedding vows with perfect strangers.

Saying that is wrong is no different than what Christ did when he said "go forth and sin no more".

I do not wish the destruction of anyone's marriage or their privacy. That said, if you set out to destroy your marriage and in doing so risk your privacy, I say you assumed the risk...

There's a difference, imho, in saying that a particular action or choice is wrong, and in having no mercy, or sympathy, or the often mentioned Christlike love for the person. But whatever works for you.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    There's a difference, imho, in saying that a particular action or choice is wrong, and in having no mercy, or sympathy, or the often mentioned Christlike love for the person. But whatever works for you.

How am I supposed to have mercy for someone I don't know and who owes me nothing? There is nothing for me to forgive. As I said, I don't wish them any evil nor am I acting in any way to harm them. As to sympathy, I'm unclear where the biblical precept is on that that you seem to be referring to.

I am unclear how I have somehow not shown anyone "Christlike love"? Christ's love and sympathy are far from the same thing. If someone I knew was revealed to be a AM cheater, I would do nothing to harm them and if possible would try to help them through whatever the consequences were.

That said, I would never imply that what they did was less than grossly wrong and that they had brought it on themselves. Christ's love requires honesty, the perversion of both of which is the basis for this entire mess.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

016085695_iconl.jpeg

Top Bottom