• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Anyone know anything about the ASI Pump 12 ga? Bud's guns has them listed for $189. Has anyone seen them at a store in the Northern1/3 of Indiana? ASI PUMP ACTION PASI2 12GA 18.5 BLK 5RD $189.00 SHIPS FREE [h=1]
    images
    [/h]

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't recognize the "ASI" name, but they are Turkish imports.
    ASI SHOTGUNS

I can tell you that the nearly identical Turkish PASP and SARPA shotguns are flaming hunks of crap; we had a couple literally shoot themselves to pieces last year (parts started falling off after less than 50 rounds), and we stopped carrying them after that. These guns are also sold under the Weatherby name as the PA-459.

For a decent gun in the same price range, check out one of the Stevens 320s. They are Chinese manufactured, but are sold and warrantied by Savage. We have sold dozens of them this year, and have only had one come back with any kind of a problem.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    but the add says "ASI pump action shotguns are the perfect combination of value and quality.";) I will take a look at the Stevens 320. Thanks!

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    They are one of the crop of generic winchester and remington clones that are coming out of Turkey. Quality is OK. They are every bit as good as the Norinco copies that were cheap back in the day.

Issues you may encounter will not likely be with reliability or function - but you will sometimes see issues with corners cut on the little intricate items like the adjustable combat sights and tap holes on the reciever being off or improperly fitted. The trigger probably wont be too awesome either - Not really issues if you want it for home defence, but a problem if your thinking of using it as a slug gun. One up side is that they are such closely made clones that real parts will often fit - so they are fixable.

My advice is to try and find one at a Cabelas / Bass Pro so you can look it over. If everything looks good, then enjoy your new inexpensive pump.

mgnuyen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    Michigan
    I have one. Decent quality for the money but when I received it I had to go throw it and tighten it up a bit. You can tell these have been put together quickly. Loose stock and barrel. Trigger doesn't work well with the pistol grip. Trigger pull is more of an upward motion rather than back motion. So I don't use the pistol grip. I've been trying to find an alternative aftermarket trigger or a way to modify it but haven't had any luck. If you're looking for a quality defense shotgun I would go with remington for a couple more hundred bucks. Mossburg 500 as well but I prefer the remington over the mossburg only because remington lower in metal and mossburg is polymer.

Top Bottom