• ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Go back and read your original post.
    I was then approached by some "half security", "half janitor guy".
    In her very broken half English, half Spanish voice.
    You were informed of their policy and were asked to leave.

:rolleyes: And that means exactly what? He never took any position in his post as being better or requesting better treatment because he was a LEO.
    You seem to be the one that needs to re-read things.

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Simon malls are posted but you have to read a whole page to find it at the bottom they do not use the no gun posting on entrance door like most do

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    As LE, you should have known firearms weren't allowed there. Just about anyone that visits this site knows mall rules especially if they've been here since 2008. How can you enforce laws if you don't know them yourself? And did you expect preferential treatment simply because you were LE which is why you are so upset when it didn't happen? Reminds me of LEO's that speed through busy traffic and drive with excessive speed simply because they can.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    :rolleyes: And that means exactly what? He never took any position in his post as being better or requesting better treatment because he was a LEO.
    You seem to be the one that needs to re-read things.

I was being asked to leave, (I just came from a few hours of range time with some of my Logansport PD friends of mine) I then identified myself as a police officer (Yes I showed Badge and ID)

He must have expected it since he is so upset for not getting it! ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As LE, you should have known firearms weren't allowed there. Just about anyone that visits this site knows mall rules especially if they've been here since 2008. How can you enforce laws if you don't know them yourself? And then to expect preferential treatment simply because you were LE and get upset when it didn't happen. Reminds me of LEO's that speed through busy traffic and drive with excessive speed simply because they can.

As a LEO why should he know the rules for a business in another town? Mall rules aren't laws. How did he expect preferential treatment? He was told the rule didn't apply to LEOs, so he identified himself as one. Then they revised what their stated position was. He expressed his disappointment and left.

I don't understand the delight I am reading. We need to encourage businesses to change their anti-gun policies, not take such pleasure that "the man" got the shaft this time.

10mm Snack Pack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    New Castle
    Wow! I hate to hear that. Especially when a Leo's job is to serve and protect. Glad you stood up for Law abiding citizens. Now if we can get the criminals and thugs to stop carrying we will all be safe.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    As a LEO why should he know the rules for a business in another town? Mall rules aren't laws. How did he expect preferential treatment? He was told the rule didn't apply to LEOs, so he identified himself as one. Then they revised what their stated position was. He expressed his disappointment and left.

I don't understand the delight I am reading. We need to encourage businesses to change their anti-gun policies, not take such pleasure that "the man" got the shaft this time.

Yes! Double plus-good! :yesway:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    He must have expected it since he is so upset for not getting it! ;)

How you surmised that from what he said is beyond me. He simply assumed he was complying with mall rules. I see NOTHING in the OP that indicated he was expecting anything for being a LEO. :dunno:

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    i dont understand the attitude towards a LEO, who happens to have the same feelings and concerns about carrying a firearm as most of us. I do understand that some LEO today have different "feelings" about citizens who open carry or even conceal carry. But thank goodness for those who recognize the constitution exists for the citizens and then take a stand for those citizens.
    I dont find fault with this officer, I dont compare this officer to others. I appreciate the position the officer took.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was asked to leave the Logansport Mall the other day as I was walking out of Dunhams from buying a new eotech 512 and some ammo. I was then approached buy some "half security", "half janitor guy" with a dust mop who told me firearms was not allowed in the mall and I was being asked to leave, (I just came from a few hours of range time with some of my Logansport PD friends of mine) I then identified myself as a police officer (Yes I showed Badge and ID) and was told, "only if I am in full uniform" I could be in the mall with my side arm on.

I requested that this mall security person call the mall manager and have them meet me on the spot to discuss this issue. (Thinking this guys has to be just blowing me smoke) So the person in charge of the mall walks up and I explain the situation to her and asked if this is how the mall treats all guest who carry a firearm and to toss out the fact for the moment that I was a police officer. In her very broken half English, half Spanish voice, I was then told that the mall does not allow people to carry any firearms in the mall and only police officers on duty, but they would "let me slide this time"

I then said, "no need to let me slide for anything". I then opened my bag and explained to the mall manager that the 429.99$ sight and ammo was going right back to the store for a full refund and I would never be back. I then explained to the manager of Dunhams why I was returning the items and that I will NEVER be back in that mall again. I have sent a letter to Dunhams Corp and the Company that runs the mall.....

So, Boycott Logansport Mall at all cost. :patriot:

Hmm... So its OK to keep your average lowly citizen from exercizing their rights but when it is keeping the Man down, THEN we need to boycott?

The "some animals are more equal than others" bit does not cut it with me.

+1 Logansport Mall.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Their rules. Just because you are LEO doesn't make you better than the regular Joe.

Bravo to the op for taking the stance he took and promptly returning said merchandise. From the post I got the impression he was not using his employment by a pd to circumvent the rules. Paul Blart said only cops, op said he was a cop, Paul insisted it didn't matter out of uniform, mall boss said she'd let it slide, op said no thanks I'll get a refund and shop elsewhere. Or am I missing something?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'll admit there's a part of me that, when I read this story, was thinking it was good that a LEO thought he could get priviledges the rest of us mere mortals weren't allowed by simply flashing his badge was put in his place. But Expat is right. We need to encourage businesses to change their anti-gun policies for EVERY law abiding citizen...not just those in a uniform.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So if they simply state their policy, but don't specifically say you need to leave, do you?

I always carry at Greenwood. I'd love for one of their security Joe's to say "you can't carry a firearm here". My reply would be "that's nice", and just keep on walking.

Until you hear the words "you need to leave" or "I'm going to have to ask you to leave", do you have to?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There's really only one way to get this "private property" BS rule thrown out....

Open a private property business as a polling place. Then put up a sign that says "no women, blacks, or those over the age of 60 or under 30 allowed". Stand out there and start asking people to leave. Once the s#!^ is stirred up enough, and they tell you the 15th, the 19th, and the 26th overrule your property rights, maybe they'll agree the 2nd overrules theirs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, it is a real deal, I went to the Dunhams in Kokomo and bought the eotech from them, I did have a 20% off coupon that was about to expire so I got a hell of a deal lol

I will always stand up for the rights for all of us to carry LEO or not.....

Good. Thank you.
    This issue always brings a lot of emotion with it.

Stay safe,

-CM-

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Bravo to the op for taking the stance he took and promptly returning said merchandise. From the post I got the impression he was not using his employment by a pd to circumvent the rules. Paul Blart said only cops, op said he was a cop, Paul insisted it didn't matter out of uniform, mall boss said she'd let it slide, op said no thanks I'll get a refund and shop elsewhere. Or am I missing something?

+1

I don't get their beefs. :dunno:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Usually I`m against LEO, but if this is as stated by the OP, than bravo for the OP. But I have a question for the OP. You told us to boycott that Mall, but have you related this story to your fellow officers? How did they take it? Are they going to boycott them also? Just wondering.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    So the person in charge of the mall walks up and I explain the situation to her and asked if this is how the mall treats all guest who carry a firearm and to toss out the fact for the moment that I was a police officer. In her very broken half English, half Spanish voice, I was then told that the mall does not allow people to carry any firearms in the mall and only police officers on duty, but they would "let me slide this time"

I then said, "no need to let me slide for anything".

Making this a little easier to read and comprehend for some members who have difficulty reading through their internet anti-LEO glasses.

Good for you OP for standing up for ALL law abiding handgun carriers :rockwoot:

Top Bottom