• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Those rights enumerated in the BoR are natural rights, shared by all mankind, not just Americans. Even a foreigner in this country is protected by our BoR if they run afoul the law.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Those rights enumerated in the BoR are natural rights, shared by all mankind, not just Americans. Even a foreigner in this country is protected by our BoR if they run afoul the law.

Last I checked he's not in this country. Libtard misinterpretations of the Constitution don't apply.

Oh, and you may not have heard this but the Declaration of Independence was not incorporated in the Constitution. It was an artfully crafted document for it's created purpose - telling the British to go pound sand. In any event, the words you dropped were "that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." I don't see a natural right to expose state secrets enumerated.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They should stop screwing around with this flea and accident him. Today.

Yeah, what we really need is an American Gestapo, to go around killing people instead of, you know, doing the whole "Due Process" thing.

Last I checked he's not in this country. Libtard misinterpretations of the Constitution don't apply.

Everything you disagree with is not "libtarded."

If the Federal Government is not bound by the U.S. Constitution when dealing with non-citizens on their own soil, then surely you can point to where the Constitution says that. In my opinion, finding ways around the Constitution is the "Libtard" approach.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    if the leak of these documents puts our soldiers in danger then wouldn't he be consider a threat and an enemy during a time of war?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    if the leak of these documents puts our soldiers in danger then wouldn't he be consider a threat and an enemy during a time of war?
    He's just a member of the "new media", a journalist, for all intents and purposes. Assange didn't steal the information. It was passed onto him by someone. He, in turn, has published some of it and forwarded it to other news agencies, who have published it. This includes American press, as well as foreign press. This has happened many times in the past, (even during "war") and no-one has been prosecuted for it. Certainly no-one has been kidnapped or murdered, to my knowledge. These call from keyboard commandos to murder him are telling, (not saying you have made those calls). They want him dead, but not the NYTimes staff, or Fox News talking heads. Fortunately, if Assange were to ever come to this country, (and I can't see why he would) he would enjoy the protections of our BoR, as a human and as a "journalist". Politicians put soldiers at more risk than these diplomatic leaks, as we've seen with previous leaked documents.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Because he is the hero of anarchists and Libtards across the globe. They extol and laud the his principled and brave actions. He is the latest in a long line of a useful idiots to their cause. Look at our resident tweakers and tell me where I'm wrong. BoR protection for someone trying to destroy America one secret document at a time? Promoting him from terrorist to journalist? Please. He's exposing state secrets, not corruption. He's a spy that should be summarily shot.

I hope Manning chokes to death on a broom stick. Any time now will do. I hope that Assange's house blows up with no discernable trace of him left to mourn.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Secrets aren't what makes America strong.

Exposing secrets won't make America weak

Bull :poop:. Who will want to give us intellegence if they know their name is going to get out and they and their family killed? Do you think other nations will do things that are unpopular if they know we can't keep our conversations a secret? It affects our ability to gather intelligence, exposes the mothods we use to gather that intelligence, and will prevent frank exchange of information and ideas with others. It absolutely makes us weak.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    1. "Snitches" are the heart of intelligence.

2. Enemies of this country can be attacked and it has nothing to do with the Bill of Rights.

3. The major efforts in this case should be discovering the leaks, not where they are published.

This problem is doing major harm to the U.S. It should be dealt with as a national defense issue.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

Oh, and you may not have heard this but the Declaration of Independence was not incorporated in the Constitution.

I cant believe Im actually reading this in a supposed gun group!!!!!!!!!!

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

And where is ---incorporation---in the Constitution??? Where did the Constitution repeal the Declaration of Independence??? What some judges say is not The Law or anything that deserves my respect!!! The Declaration of Independence,,,was an Act of Congress!!! The Constitution didnt invalidate all laws that were already on the books...

The Declaration of Independence is king of US law...everything else takes a step down...

I really cant believe Im talking with a supposed AMERICAN!!! about the importance and power of the Declaration of Independence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone deserved neg rep,,,its you for this,,,but I dont do that... you have a right to say what you believe.... Your life--liberty---and pursuit of happiness that comes from the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!!!!

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    OK, here's what i'mconfused about. The "act" was not committed on US soil. So in essence he has no rights under the 1st ammendment. He can't be tried as treason because this was not an act of betrayal towards HIS home country. So the only thing we have left is espionage. You can't really consider this espionage because the information was given to him. He didn't physically hack in and steal information. So whats left?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I cant believe Im actually reading this in a supposed gun group!!!!!!!!!!

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

And where is ---incorporation---in the Constitution??? Where did the Constitution repeal the Declaration of Independence??? What some judges say is not The Law or anything that deserves my respect!!! The Declaration of Independence,,,was an Act of Congress!!! The Constitution didnt invalidate all laws that were already on the books...

The Declaration of Independence is king of US law...everything else takes a step down...

I really cant believe Im talking with a supposed AMERICAN!!! about the importance and power of the Declaration of Independence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone deserved neg rep,,,its you for this,,,but I dont do that... you have a right to say what you believe.... Your life--liberty---and pursuit of happiness that comes from the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!!!!

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

The Declaration of Independence, though a great document, has no force of law.

It was passed by a government that no longer exists.

Certainly its ideas inform our laws, but it serves as no more than a moral justification.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    OK, here's what i'mconfused about. The "act" was not committed on US soil. So in essence he has no rights under the 1st ammendment. He can't be tried as treason because this was not an act of betrayal towards HIS home country. So the only thing we have left is espionage. You can't really consider this espionage because the information was given to him. He didn't physically hack in and steal information. So whats left?

Espionage: the practice of spying or using spies to obtain information about the plans and activities especially of a foreign government.

It absolutely is espionage. I won't lose a minutes sleep if an accident befalls him. Actually I might jump off my self-imposed binging hiatus and drink a 12 pack of beer in honor of the unnamed patriot who does him.

Top Bottom