• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a crazy thought- if the charge is that he conspired with a boy named Chelsea to defeat computer security and gain access to classified information....why don't we see whether the evidence supports the charge.

Criminal charges are not a referendum upon whether we think, overall, whistle blowers should exist. They are specific allegations about specific actions.
    Maybe the stack of evidence that got Bradley Manning 35 years would be a good place to start.

Could Asange be tried as an unlawful enemy combatant? Not a US citizen, warfare isn’t just kinetic anymore.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well...

If the Brits get rid of him as quickly as they [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]getting[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] ??? of EU then it could be another seven years at least.

Doug

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Definitely seeing some mixed reactions along party lines, and conflicting ones.

Generally... Left likes him (could help with Russia or something...), Right hates him (because Trump doesn't like him?). A faction of the Left also hates him because he "helped" Trump, and went against Clinton. A faction of the Right likes him because he helped against Clinton, and some tend to believe information, while illegal, is good.

Where do INGO'ers stand?

I don't know...But my Twitter feed has made for strange bedfellows today...Kind of weird.....

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Generally... Left likes him (could help with Russia or something...), Right hates him (because Trump doesn't like him?). A faction of the Left also hates him because he "helped" Trump, and went against Clinton. A faction of the Right likes him because he helped against Clinton, and some tend to believe information, while illegal, is good.

Where do INGO'ers stand?

The way I see it, there sure is a long list of people in Washington that have done much worse without suffering any consequences at all. I'm not going to cry a tear for him if he is convicted, but it wouldn't bother me to see him walk either.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    And nothing of value was lost. Good that this **** bag is can no longer hide like the rat he is. Wikileaks became a joke because of him.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    He looked like hell coming out of the Ecuadorian embassy. Not at all like the short-haired Assange on the balcony file footage everyone was using during his stay there.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He looked like hell coming out of the Ecuadorian embassy. Not at all like the short-haired Assange on the balcony file footage everyone was using during his stay there.

me when the all-you-can-eat sushi place gets tired of my ****

D334bfnX4AUxHeb.jpg:small

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Didn’t he have a FailSafe document dump set up if he was killed/arrested? If so then there may be more embarrassing stuff to come. Perhaps I am thinking of another traitor.

He's Australian, isn't he? Don't see how he can be considered a "traitor" to the US. I do presume that is what you were referring to...

Edited to add - I see Im not the only INGO'r to recognize this point...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Where do INGO'ers stand?

Put him on trial AFTER AND ONLY AFTER we finish liquidating domestic enemies

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looks like the leftists think that Asange being arrested is going to prove the Putin/Trump collusion...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Where do INGO'ers stand?

I still believe censorship is bad, secrets are bad, and information deserves to be free. There is no definitive proof that even a single person was injured as a result of Assange and Wikileaks. He did the world a favor by exposing our corrupt leaders' dirty laundry, and the US gov is going to bury him for embarrassing them. The safer the secrets of the rich and powerful are from people like him, the worse off we all are.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here's a crazy thought- if the charge is that he conspired with a boy named Chelsea to defeat computer security and gain access to classified information....why don't we see whether the evidence supports the charge.

Criminal charges are not a referendum upon whether we think, overall, whistle blowers should exist. They are specific allegations about specific actions.

I agree entirely, but I'll up you one.

How about if we see whether the evidence was collected in a manner that is consistent with respect to our constitutionally protected civil liberties, and if not then perhaps it gets thrown out and charges are dropped?:dunno:

Regards,

Doug

PS - Then Wikileaks can release documents showing how the evidence was collected illegally and who done it...?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, sure, but given that a boy named Chelsea was an active duty soldier at the time handling sensitive information and the evidence here seems to have been gathered in that investigation, I’m not primed to expect any 4th Amendment issues.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, sure, but given that a boy named Chelsea was an active duty soldier at the time handling sensitive information and the evidence here seems to have been gathered in that investigation, I’m not primed to expect any 4th Amendment issues.

I concede the probability. However, let us trust - but verify.

Doug

Top Bottom