• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Just caught this glimpse of the gun the shooter used to assassinate Shinzo Abe. He is trowing it away as he is being detained. Obviously a homemade job since Japan does not allow citizens to own handguns. Looks pretty high tech for an improvised firearm. I see batteries and plenty of wires. Electronic ignition?

But of course, the security officer to the left is strapped (see holster on belt).

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.30.22 AM.png

Close up of gun

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.36.29 AM.png

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    On a related note, the security staff carries J frame revolvers? Holy 1950s batman!
    Korea is like this to. In Korea they carry 5 bullets and a blank round which is chambered first for a "warning shot". No idea if Japan is the same way but it very well could be.

Old school because they don't allow their citizens to carry guns. crazy stuff in a modern world

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm curious how the heck this guy snuck up carrying his invention without being noticed.
    The meeting/speech was held in the street, anyone could show up with anything. :dunno:

It's not like he had to go thru a security screener to enter a secured building.

Plus guns are such a foreign threat in Japan I assume bodyguards don't even look for them.

In most countries where guns are very restricted your average bodyguard will not consider a person to be a threat if they are a few feet away from their protectee (where a knife or a fist is the most likely to be used).

Top Bottom