• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I guess we will never educate the public about this term, examples like this is what's a good way to nail the coffin of a misnomer. And sentry arms 223

wp_ss_20160314_0001.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Assault rifle is a fair term, when used to commit a crime, and other things should similarly named....

.....like assault hammer, assault brick, assault 2x4, assault shoe

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So Kut, how often have we heard about an "assault knife", "assault brick", "assault fist", "assault baseball bat"? That term is something the liberals have successfully used to dupe the uninformed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn't you guys know that all guns are designed with the intent to kill. They're all assault weapons. A 15 year old taught me that on YouTube.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    At least the detective said "assault rifle" which leaves open, pointing the distinction between full auto and semi auto. It's a huge improvement over that technical gibberish "assault weapon" that the anti-gun lobby invented, knowing they could hang that moniker on anything--to include knives "unsuitable for culinary purposes", after they get done banning guns.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I can understand if it came from mainstream media as they have an agenda or just plain ignorance. But if it's coming from this, and it's a public post, well, you know the rest.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've heard the term from a lot of people I wouldn't have normally expected it from. In their minds, it is completely interchangeable and hardly worth acknowledging when I bring up the difference. It drives me crazy to hear it from those I associate with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Kut, how often have we heard about an "assault knife", "assault brick", "assault fist", "assault baseball bat"? That term is something the liberals have successfully used to dupe the uninformed.

I'm guessing my point flew right over your head.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

You should probably replace the batteries in your sarcasm alarm.

Top Bottom