Assault weapons and high cap mags dropped from senate gun bill!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    That is good but keep on our Senators and your Representative to fight the Universal Background Check. The amendments can also be tricky. If they try to tag a ban back on as an amendment it might slip through or it might kill the bill.

Last edited:

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    :n00b:

I disagree with this 100%.

Really?

What if the background check costs you $10? What if the background check costs you $200?

What if the background check takes a week before you get your gun? What if there is such a backlog and it takes you 6 months to get your gun?

What if they made you do a background check to buy ammo?

What if they require you to register all firearms as part of this "background" check?

There is a reason they are stepping away from the other issues. This one is most important to them.

Think about it!

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Really?

What if the background check costs you $10? What if the background check costs you $200?

What if the background check takes a week before you get your gun? What if there is such a backlog and it takes you 6 months to get your gun?

What if they made you do a background check to buy ammo?

What if they require you to register all firearms as part of this "background" check?

There is a reason they are stepping away from the other issues. This one is most important to them.

Think about it!

I did think about it. The reason they are backing away from the other issues is that they know there is no chance of them getting enough votes to pass.

There already are background checks, why aren't they doing these onerous things to us now?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You want to do a face to face, you have to take it to an FFL. FFL isn't going to do the 4473/NICS free. Think of the transfer fees they get for online sales.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I did think about it. The reason they are backing away from the other issues is that they know there is no chance of them getting enough votes to pass.

There already are background checks, why aren't they doing these onerous things to us now?

I think you are going to find that the "background check" they are talking about will involve keeping permanent records on all sales (Database of firearms owners) that can be put to use later.. Trust NO ONE in Washington where firearms legislation is concerned. Their bottom line is to get what they can now and eventually get it all. Just MHO but I think if you research it yourself you will find I'm on the money with this one.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

You are WRONG! The reason the current background check (which is almost totally useless) is seemingly benign is that only the guns purchased from or through dealers are ran through the system. Those you give your Son's, Daughters, or other relatives or friends are never seen in the system and those in private sales are not in the system.

The cost to "transfer" firearms would quite likely (almost certainly) greatly increase - and soon a "TAX" could / will be added. Not likely huh? Look at all automatic firearms now!

IF THE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK IS IMPLEMENTED IT WOULD BASICALLY REGISTER EVERY GUN TRANSFERRED. WHICH MEANS EVERY GUN OWNED BY THE HONEST CITIZENS - NO CRIMINALS WILL EVER TRANSFER ONE LEGALLY!

You would probably not see any repercussions for a few years except the heavy price increase to transfer. But in maybe 30 or 40, when most of the (LEGALLY OWNED GUNS) ONLY HAVE BEEN "REGISTERED". then all it would take is a commie/liberal senate & house to confiscate certain guns. Then we would either lose all our firearms or a revolution would occur.

Won't happen you say? READ HISTORY - if you believe this you probably believed OBAMA and voted for him...

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana

Criminals do no care nor follow law. Hence....criminal. It hinders the law abiding gun owner and does nothing to stop crime. NO COMPROMISE. NONE.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    The background check version the anti's are wanting is BAD. The current one , that were used to , needs to be fixed. Letting those that view us as evil just cause we happen to have a deer rifle, try to fix it, whatever it may be, is WORSE. You may be honest about yer stuff, but dont think the crazy peeps we call politicians, will be the same.

Top Bottom