• brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    UNDERSTAND FOLKS -
    THEY ARE FEEDING YOU A LINE ...

From 1994 when the now expired AWB was passed the Washington Post Editorial Board wrote:
    “”it's ridiculous that the banning should even be an issue, no one should have any illusions about what was accomplished. Assault weapons play a part in only a small percentage of crime. The provision is mainly symbolic; its virtue will be if it turns out to be, as hoped, a stepping stone to broader gun control."”

This along with Sen. Diane Feinstein's well known quotes:
    “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in,' I would have done it.” and: “Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.”

These quotes show just what the anti-rights folks intend.

AND THEY HAVE BEEN MORE BLATANT ABOUT IT in the last year 3 yrs and getting more brazen.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If, at some future time, we have foolishly put enough liberals in power, and these liberals pass a bill to disarm us, there will no doubt be severe pushback. The Dems should be careful of what they wish for. Americans are not Europeans.

I in no way advocate for violence, just looking into ,my crystal ball.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Seems like we'd be used to these shenanigans by now. We know they're going to do it. They know the bills will never pass and likely won't even get a vote. The sole purpose is to allow these dim bulbs to say "we tried to save the children but they wouldn't let us". It's about time to change political labels from Right and Left to Right and Wrong. Of course, there would also be Indifferent as opposed to Independent.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I bet the NRA is secretly thanking the Dem anti-gun brigade.

They are taking a ton of heat for backing the bumpstock ban and generally acting like a bunch of compromising Fudds.

Luckily for them, the gun grabbers are singing their same old song, so now the NRA can go back to pretending to defend our gun rights.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    FWIW, PSA is selling rifle kits for 259 and free shipping. Tax on product per the King's decree.

HR 7115 bans parts kits.

Will any of these further encroachments take place? I fully expect so in time. State knows no limits.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    There is a Majority Conservative SCOTUS now. Ginsberg is null and void! Might be different results today than 1994!

The only reliable Conservatives on the court are Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch. I believe Kavanaugh believes in the Second Amendment and its purpose and will become part of the firewall.

I believe Roberts wants his legacy to be defined by being an independent devil's advocate.

Hopefully Ginsberg is replaced sometime in 2019. Once that happens with another conservative then I believe a conservative majority can be discussed.

Graham, as new judiciary chairman, and McConnell are both on record, from the Kavanaugh hearing as stating they would be the against confirmation process in 2020. Of course they are both targets of the media so their decision to move forward with confirmation in 2020 to be a thumb in the eye of Democrats, if needed, would be welcomed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom