• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frankenfeinstein's bill is only one of several that are now or have been reported to be introduced in the two houses of Congress. Her Majesty McCarthy the Unknowing, has a Magazine bill in the House. I know there are more, but they have received very little attention by the press. The fact that the AWB is one huge chomp and is what everyone is focused on doesn't mean that little bites won't be attempted to nibble away from other directions.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Don't let up! The fight has just begun.

I see at least 25 different gun bills right now! Magazine bill and Handgun registration bills are already in House committee.

POPVOX - Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control - POPVOX.com

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I see at least 25 different gun bills right now! Magazine bill and Handgun registration bills are already in House committee.

POPVOX - Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control - POPVOX.com

And most bills die in committee, sometimes never even getting a hearing. Are these House bills to which you refer? If so, and they're in House committee, that's OK. As long as they don't come OUT of committee, we're fine.

Keep up the pressure.

Blessings,
    Bill

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Proposed legislation

Many of these bills are proposed for no reason other than so the author can go back to their anti-gun constituents and say "I tried". They know when they propose the bill it will never be passed out of committee and may not even get a hearing by the committee. Politics has become the art of making your failures somebody else's fault! My new sig line.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And most bills die in committee, sometimes never even getting a hearing. Are these House bills to which you refer? If so, and they're in House committee, that's OK.

The 25 Bills I referred to are both House and Senate bills that have been submitted. Many have a very low chance of making it out of committee, but are picking specific issues. Here is a current list of bills (sorry it is so long!) :(:

S 150 The Assault Weapons Ban: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited. --Just introduced!--

S 147 The Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act: A bill to establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms. --Just introduced!--

S 2 Sandy Hook Elementary School Violence Reduction Act: A bill to reduce violence and protect the citizens of the United States. --Just introduced!--

S 82 The Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act: A bill to provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes. --Just introduced!--

S 54 The Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act: A bill to increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking. --Just introduced!--

HR 410 The Restore the Constitution Act: To provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes. --Just introduced!--

HR 404 The Straw Purchaser Penalty Enhancement Act: To enhance criminal penalties for straw purchasers of firearms. --Just introduced!--

HRes 40 House Resolution expressing that active duty military personnel who are stationed or residing in the District of Columbia should be permitted to exercise fully their rights under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. --Just introduced!--

HR 332 The Equal Access to Justice for Victims of Gun Violence Act: To provide victims of gun violence access to the same civil remedies as are available to those injured through other means. --Just introduced!--

S 54 A bill to increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking. --Just introduced!--

S 35 The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act: A bill to require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition. --Just introduced!--

S 34 The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act: A bill to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists. --Just introduced!--

S 33 The High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act: A bill to prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices --Just introduced!--

S 22 A bill to establish background check procedures for gun shows. --Just introduced!--

HR 321 The Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act: To amend the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013 (Public Law 112-175) to permit research on firearms safety and gun violence.

HR 226 The SAFER Streets Act: To amend the tax code to allow a credit against tax for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

HR 238 The Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms.

HR 236 The Crackdown on Deadbeat Gun Dealers Act: To ensure greater accountability by licensed firearms dealers.

HR 227 The Buyback our Safety Act: To establish a gun buyback grant program.

HR Citizens Protection Act: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

HR 141 Closing the ‘gun show loophole.’ To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

HR 137 The Fix Gun Checks Act: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

HR 142 The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

HR 138 The High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

HR 21 The NRA Members' Gun Safety Act: To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.

HR 34 The Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms.

HR 35 Eliminating ‘gun free zones’ in schools. To restore safety to America's schools.

HR 65 Raising the age of legal handgun ownership to 21. To prevent children's access to firearms.

HR 93 The Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms.

HR 117 The Handgun Licensing and Registration Act: To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The 25 Bills I referred to are both House and Senate bills that have been submitted. Many have a very low chance of making it out of committee, but are picking specific issues. Here is a current list of bills (sorry it is so long!) :(:

S 150 The Assault Weapons Ban: A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited. --Just introduced!--

S 147 The Common Sense Concealed Firearms Permit Act: A bill to establish minimum standards for States that allow the carrying of concealed firearms. --Just introduced!--

S 2 Sandy Hook Elementary School Violence Reduction Act: A bill to reduce violence and protect the citizens of the United States. --Just introduced!--

S 82 The Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act: A bill to provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes. --Just introduced!--

S 54 The Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act: A bill to increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking. --Just introduced!--

HR 410 The Restore the Constitution Act: To provide that any executive action infringing on the Second Amendment has no force or effect, and to prohibit the use of funds for certain purposes. --Just introduced!--

HR 404 The Straw Purchaser Penalty Enhancement Act: To enhance criminal penalties for straw purchasers of firearms. --Just introduced!--

HRes 40 House Resolution expressing that active duty military personnel who are stationed or residing in the District of Columbia should be permitted to exercise fully their rights under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. --Just introduced!--

HR 332 The Equal Access to Justice for Victims of Gun Violence Act: To provide victims of gun violence access to the same civil remedies as are available to those injured through other means. --Just introduced!--

S 54 A bill to increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking. --Just introduced!--

S 35 The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act: A bill to require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition. --Just introduced!--

S 34 The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act: A bill to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists. --Just introduced!--

S 33 The High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act: A bill to prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices --Just introduced!--

S 22 A bill to establish background check procedures for gun shows. --Just introduced!--

HR 321 The Firearm Safety and Public Health Research Act: To amend the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013 (Public Law 112-175) to permit research on firearms safety and gun violence.

HR 226 The SAFER Streets Act: To amend the tax code to allow a credit against tax for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

HR 238 The Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms.

HR 236 The Crackdown on Deadbeat Gun Dealers Act: To ensure greater accountability by licensed firearms dealers.

HR 227 The Buyback our Safety Act: To establish a gun buyback grant program.

HR Citizens Protection Act: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

HR 141 Closing the ‘gun show loophole.’ To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

HR 137 The Fix Gun Checks Act: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

HR 142 The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

HR 138 The High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

HR 21 The NRA Members' Gun Safety Act: To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.

HR 34 The Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms.

HR 35 Eliminating ‘gun free zones’ in schools. To restore safety to America's schools.

HR 65 Raising the age of legal handgun ownership to 21. To prevent children's access to firearms.

HR 93 The Fire Sale Loophole Closing Act: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms.

HR 117 The Handgun Licensing and Registration Act: To provide for the mandatory licensing and registration of handguns.

Thanks, Hammer!

Call me cynical, but politicians are masters at slight of hand. As I said earlier, the media and the grabbers want the focus to be on Feinstein's Elephant. Most of these others won't get media attention and, like BoR says, many wont make it out of committee on their own merits. However, Schumer and Feinstein (others too) have been known to attach these "little things" to other, seemingly inoculus proposals in the past.

Hyper vigilance is called for now and in the near future. IMHO, I will not breath easier until after the mid terms in '14, presuming of course, that we have a repeat of the 2010's.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Doesn't need to pass the Senate. Executive Order will get it done. No one in Congress will challenge it. If they do, it will take years to adjudicate it. By then, the damage is done—even if the SCOTUSA overturns it. Remember the recent actions of the Court on health care?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Doesn't need to pass the Senate. Executive Order will get it done. No one in Congress will challenge it. If they do, it will take years to adjudicate it. By then, the damage is done—even if the SCOTUSA overturns it. Remember the recent actions of the Court on health care?

Executive orders won't work for a varity of reasons.....if it could Barry would of already done it, and in a way he tried with his 23 signed "executive order"....which was more like suggestions that hold no water or change anything really.....Barry just got a blow from Fed. Courts for by passing the Senate that was deemed un constitutional....things are looking up a little....

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Popvox allows you to read a summary of each proposed bill. You can also weigh in and let your reps know what you think about each individual bill! My Senators and Rep. got about 20 messages from me (each bill I commented on) last night alone! It is easy and it tracks public opinion on a pie chart. Well worth registering if for no other reason to easily contact your reps!

https://www.popvox.com/

Govtrack lets you read the full text of each bill and track it's progression.

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

SpyderRick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know i get tired of seeing these so called polls they say they have where the majority of citizens are for gun control. Where are these polls takin at gun grabber festivals?

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I too have been using Popvox. I didn't know about it until I read about it here on INGO. Now I have sent dozens of letters. Thanks INGO.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can not agree with this ^^^..

We do NOT stop until the "Threat has been ELEMINATED"!

Just as we train..Bill.

The threat will not go away until the democrat party is destroyed. Or at least split into two parties (progressive and labor).

And it would not hurt to have most of the leftwing journalists and college professors retired and then replaced with conservatives and libertarians. This is the root of gun control. Control the universities then you control the country.

The left expected gun owners to roll over like moderate republicans. Instead they got a fight on their hands. They are so out of touch with people, inspite of their PR, that they had no idea that people think like you do.

Nor does the left understand that over 40 million people own ARs and maybe as many as 200 million magazines. And that people would resist, even willing to go to prison, rather than submit to unjust laws that would ban guns and accessories. I have talked with yuppies who are shocked to the point of disbelief of the idea that there even 40 million AR owners let alone that they would refuse to obey the law. it is just not in their worldview.

Our resistance is having an effect.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Forgive my ignorance but how long can the proposal stay in the committee before it dies?

Or can it just linger for a period of time?

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Popvox allows you to read a summary of each proposed bill. You can also weigh in and let your reps know what you think about each individual bill! My Senators and Rep. got about 20 messages from me (each bill I commented on) last night alone! It is easy and it tracks public opinion on a pie chart. Well worth registering if for no other reason to easily contact your reps!

https://www.popvox.com/

Govtrack lets you read the full text of each bill and track it's progression.

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

Thank you for the links!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If Obama could have banned guns or standard capacity magazines via EO, don't you think he'd have done that by now in a VERY public fashion?

I think he may be waiting for the U.N. meeting in March (?) to sign on the their gun ban (that way he can blame someone else). But, he would still have to get that past the Senate. I hope I'm wrong on this.

It has been said that 2/3 of the gun owners have stated that they won't give up their guns. What would the gov. do then?

Top Bottom