Assistance needed: Need to buy a frozen pheasant or two...help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Besides Trader Joe's up on the NW side of Indy; an area that I'm NEVER in due to it's extreme inconvenience, where else can I look to buy pheasant?

I live in Greenwood and work on the far East side of Indy. The Camby area and the West side of Indy are also relatively easy to get to.

So... Anyone else know where I can buy some pheasant as a Christmas present?!?!?!?!

Thanks!

-J-

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    http://www.amazon.com/Burgers-Smokehouse-Smoked-Pheasant-lbs/dp/B00126AOLG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_gro_3

61z6K9T6DfL._AA300_.jpg

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    you might try kincaid and sons meat market at 56th and illinois. old fashioned butcher shop that carries a lot of different products. i just called about veal cheeks and they ordered in a case of them for me.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    So, wha'dja do, Indy....brag that you could shoot a couple from a mile across the field(with one shot) and miss? Sometimes us fishermen resort to such things when "they aren't biting"......That doesn't include me, of course. :cool:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    $80 for an Amazonian pheasant? Good Lord!

Singlestacksig: No mention of the birds on their website, I'll try and call them later today.

I'll also peruse Kincaid & Son's site & give them a call also.

I called our local O'Malia's; they don't carry any and the mgr I spoke with didn't know anyone who did. I told him I've heard Trader Joe's carries it, but that I'd much rather find someone closer.

I think I'll also call the super Target and see what they say. It's in "Center Grove" and we all know how hoity toity those folks are...they might carry it. :laugh::laugh:

Any place in Bloomington, perhaps? I'd rather drive there than Trader Joe's...

Thanks for the replies so far!

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    My girlfriend has a pheasant pot pie sitting in her freezer thats about a week "old". I'll be hunting pheasant in Wisconsin on Dec 20th. If you can wait that long I'd be happy to grab one for ya and bring it down. I think they're $35

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Man... Goose the Market is EXPENSIVE! They're also currently out until Saturday. Not a big deal, though. They're wanting in the 'hood of $13.99 / lb for their fresh birds.

Kincaids is running $10.99 / lb for their roughly 3lb birds. Again; fresh meat.

I've been in contact with a member who has provided me a line on a few birds, though. We'll see if that works out!

Thank you all for your recommendations!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And here I was feeling like a d*ck for wanting to suggest NE Indy. Thank you for making me feel not so alone.

No big deal!!!

I was welcome ALL suggestions.

I was also told that, in addition to Trader Joe's, that Wholefoods also retails frozen pheasants. But...again.... They're in Nora.

As much as I can, I try to stay out of "The North Side" just due to logistics. Getting to Nora isn't terrible if I leave work, but I HATE driving from Nora to Greenwood. Takes too long to not go all that far. But, that's the story of life here in the Indy area.

-J-

Top Bottom