• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    That made me seriously uncomfortable watching that officer take their firearms...when he did not know how to manipulate them. Ridiculous. I found it hysterical when he said that he didn't want the vid to be posted! :D
    One would think they would have more IMPORTANT issues to address like, Oh lets say government & corporations fleecing the American people instead of screwing with these folks 2nd & 4th Amendments, Sad the camera was the "peace keeper" in this encounter.

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    I loved how when the guy asked the P.O. to not point it at the guys elbow the P.O. replied "even when I just checked that its unloaded." Just shows the negligence of the P.O.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Thankfully, I've never had my gun out of my holster. Except for at home or the gun range. I'd be nervous as hell having someone else pull my pistol (that doesn't sound good, I know). As for the states that allow OC without one in the chamber, what about creating a special holster to hold a racked firearm? Just practice pulling while having your thumb hitting the release. Basically same as flicking off a safety. Yeah, so it makes the holster a little larger, they are OC'ing. Just have it as a drop-leg.

The Russians use an auto-loading holster for their Makarovs: you insert a gun with a loaded magazine, but an empty chamber. Instead of drawing the gun back out, you push the gun down and out the bottom. This racks the slide and loads a round. Its called the EFA-2... Expensive and rare though:
    Russian belts Makarov belt shoulder holsters

As far as holsters for other pistols, a domestic company has developed Glock holsters that operate in a similar fashion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Jk668CWk8

I will shy away from any serious debate regarding slide lock, but I will say that many types of pistols can be reliably operated by means of the slide lock lever. Pistols such as the Beretta 92, CZ-75 or metal frame Smiths have levers so large that any rough pawing motion is apt to release the slide; a little bit of practice is all that's required to operate it under stress. IMO to do otherwise is to waste valuable time. Those using pistols with tiny or non existent slide lock levers, such a Glock or KelTec users, should continue to release the slide manually: this is also true for those who don't practice at least semi-regularly.

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    welcome to the Peoples Republic of California...unloaded? and if a BG comes at them ...."hold on let me load my gun"!!!

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    That auto load holster for the Glock looks like an interesting idea, but I'd be afraid of not getting all the locks released if I had to draw. I know there would be tons of adrenaline and I like only having to hit one release lever.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Only way a officer is getting my weapon is in the holster! Only once did a rookie want my weapon and I handed it to him in the holster while explaining to him that it was loaded and chambered and there was no safety followed by it will go bang if your finger touches the trigger. I would rather talk to him like he is stupid then have a ad on the side of the road. If anyone even came close to mussel sweeping me he is getting yelled at!

There are always options to stay safe, slow it down and stay safe.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Only big wig politicians and movie stars can get a carry permit in CA. The rest of the "little people" can only open carry unloaded firearms. You can at least have a loaded magazine on your person (as these men did), so it could be loaded quickly (probably not quickly enough though).

Since they weren't doing anything that required any kind of license or permit to verify and there was no probable cause that they were committing any kind of crime, the LEO had no right to demand an ID. It was nice to see he knew that.

Despite the politeness and professionalism of the LEO, it is still disgusting to see a couple clean cut guys obviously doing nothing more than enjoying a coffee bothered by an LEO just because they chose to exercise their rights.

Every State has a different term for their carry license/permit (except WI and ILL which don't have one).

In many states, you can OC without a license. From AK to VT and AZ to PA. No license needed and you don't have to show ID if you don't feel like it.

Indiana is one of the few states where you can open carry BUT you need a license for it.

In Kali, you can Open Carry but it must be unloaded. Nothing stopping them from having loaded mags ready to go however.

I believe kali is the only state that requires OC'ers to carry unloaded. All the ones I mention above, loaded is fine and dandy.

Thanks learned something new.

:cheers:

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I would always follow instructions from a police officer. . .

. . .even when they may not have the right to give those directions.

That's why God made attorneys!;)

Vanguard.45

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    . . .even when they may not have the right to give those directions.

That's why God made attorneys!;)

Vanguard.45

The attorney can't help much if the officer "asks" you do do something and you then "volunteer" to do so.
    They're very good at making a request sound like a command. It's up to you to make the distinction.

Top Bottom