• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There isnt enough Government badguys to round up 80 million gun owners. think about it ,many cops would NOT have anything to do with it...military either. Just a few Feds on their own, What an undertaking that would be, logistics of it would be stagering and impossible.

True.

But by the time they set up an environment like the one that goes along with illegally owning fully automatic weapons, these guns would become "hot potatoes".

They'd arrest and send to "Club Fed" enough "offenders" to make people as afraid to own these as people are afraid to own an unregistered fully automatic weapon today.

They wouldn't need to go door to door.

Add to this a systematic 4473 lookup of people who bought these guns, a mass mailing of Federal form letters, and these guns will be systematically taken out of circulation over time.

HOW MANY people will play ball when they get a Federal form letter that says "tell us where this gun is, or you go to jail..."?

Everybody talks big until it happens to them...

Last edited:

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    If this post is meant to imply that automatic weapons are greatly superior to semi auto in battle situations then I do not agree.Aimed,controlled fire is effective.

Yep, in the old days, automatic weapons may have been awesome when people went to battle and just lined up from one another with muskets. In today's hide and seek, not so much.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Youngsters, myself included, would probably be considered long haired hippies 40 years ago, but now-a-days we're strengthening the ranks of the Libertarian party and striving toward freedom and constitutional values set in place by our forefathers. That being said, any and all honorable members of our armed forces are above board in my book. I just don’t think they should be tossed around the world to solve other peoples’ problems. ramble ramble ramble

Great post and therein lies the key! Strengthen your Ranks at all levels of government. Let the Constitution be your guide!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    its not that hard really. cities won't be hard, our biggest already have strict gun control. the rest are so progressive they'll hand them in easily.

the rural towns will be tougher, but due to the lack of any organized effort against it, compliance will be pretty likely.

remote homesteads will be easy. a farmer and a family of 5 with a stash vs a trained force. done and done.

Telling me LEOS and nat guard members won't stand for this is laughable. Incompetence, ignorance, and non-compliance with the law is the name of the game for a lot of LEOs.

(no offense to our LEO members, but thanks to you tube we've all seen a LOT of disgraceful dash cam videos. bad apple spoils the bunch, all that.) remember, LEOs carry weapons to protect themselves, NOT protect you.

I would say yes and no.

Will the mass of people comply? Probably. But I believe they will do so through coercion rather than by force.

The government does not have enough resources to tactically hit every household that would not comply if done so by force. We may be able to print the money to buy the supplies needed for this like guns and armor. But there will not be enough manpower to accomplish this.

Not to mention that to hit everyone tactically with force would create more sympathy and actually bolster a resistance. This method works against them, not for them.

No...if you want to accomplish your goal, you use blackmail / coercion. Hit people where it hurts, but not with force. Examples...

1. IRS could hold all tax returns until you comply.

2. Once government health care is setup, refuse medical treatment to those who do not comply.

3. Refuse to accept a suspects children into public school until you comply.

4. Deny all government payments until your comply. Unemployment, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance, Childcare Assistance, etc.

5. Refuse to allow suspects to use public transportation like air travel until you comply.

6. Refuse to renew or issue government documents until you comply. Drivers Licenses, Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards, Passports...all the important documents you need in life.

And these are just the few I could think up in a little time. This would make the majority comply without firing a single shot. Compliance through blackmail / coercion. If a ban is instigated, this is how it will be enforced.

Most politicians may be liars and thieves. But they are not stupid.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Theres very few National guard units I'd be scared of. And, how many soldiers was in Iraq? to try control & took how long? This nation is like 50 Iraqs , lack of organized efforts? son theres been plenty ,waiting for such a thing,even the most military brass will not do such an unlawful bidding.lines will be drawn ,they will step on both sides just like 1861
    its not that hard really. cities won't be hard, our biggest already have strict gun control. the rest are so progressive they'll hand them in easily.

the rural towns will be tougher, but due to the lack of any organized effort against it, compliance will be pretty likely.

remote homesteads will be easy. a farmer and a family of 5 with a stash vs a trained force. done and done.

Telling me LEOS and nat guard members won't stand for this is laughable. Incompetence, ignorance, and non-compliance with the law is the name of the game for a lot of LEOs.

(no offense to our LEO members, but thanks to youtube we've all seen a LOT of disgraceful dashcam videos. bad apple spoils the bunch, all that.) remember, LEOs carry weapons to protect themselves, NOT protect you.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    According to the Supreme Court, felons cannot be compelled to register their firearms, as that would be self-incriminating.

Haynes v. United States

AH HAA!!! A LOOPHOLE!!!

To the Wheel-o'-Felonies!!

... let's see... something white-collar so I don't have to do any time...

... and that way, I won't have to register the guns I won't be allowed to have anyway!

Damn I'm smart - I bet I'm smart enough to get elected to Congress with guile like this!!

Then I can repeal all gun control... I'm-a-be famous!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Theres very few National guard units I'd be scared of. And, how many soldiers was in Iraq? to try control & took how long? This nation is like 50 Iraqs , lack of organized efforts? son theres been plenty ,waiting for such a thing,even the most military brass will not do such an unlawful bidding.lines will be drawn ,they will step on both sides just like 1861

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I suspect that private sales are going to increase. I am hesitant to buy any more guns through a FFL. A few stashed from private purchases wouldn't be a bad idea.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    With prices up I sold all of mine so I could buy my wife the entire precious moments collection and curios to hold them all. Those little statues are so cute. I will have my work cut out for me dusting all of them every week.

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    The hard part would be figuring out what guns actually show me being the owner. I'm not planning on registering anything. I guess I'll just sell them all :)

Top Bottom