• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    From the Houston Chronicle archives, the ground breaking ceremony for the Astro Dome in 1962. No shovels, but Colt 45s. The Astros were originally called the Colts 45s. Only in Texas! Can you imagine public officials using handguns for a ground breaking these days.

9e7d2b857635599fa6b2b6ebf7630521_zpso3eobrqd.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nice! and no, I can't really imagine it would ever happen, even at a gun shop/range opening these days. Although, I'm not sure I'd want some of the political officials these days handling a gun around me. Even some of these guys look to have some trigger discipline concerns, although they are all pointed down :draw:

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Nice! and no, I can't really imagine it would ever happen, even at a gun shop/range opening these days. Although, I'm not sure I'd want some of the political officials these days handling a gun around me. Even some of these guys look to have some trigger discipline concerns, although they are all pointed down :draw:

I think it might be a good thing to lock all of our politicians inside a stadium with loaded guns, and not open the doors until there is one left. Notice there was no purple used in this posting.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Oh man, I am so down with that idea! I would gladly pay to watch that on cable. Only rule - no medical services to be provided. May the best scumbag win. And the winner gets a one way paid trip to Afghanistan.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That's awesome. WOuld love to see something like this again. Probably not in our lifetime.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Hey, it's Texas... the winners at Texas Motor Speedway (IndyCar and Nascar) pose with six-shooters in Victory Lane. Drives the MDA crowd nuts and I love it. Also, our Dad won several engraved rifles for wins at the Terre Haute Action Track in the late '60's and early '70's. Those were the days.

Top Bottom