• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    %288%29-Mayor_Pete_Buttigieg_Afghanistan627x449.jpg

This is the photo he likes to keep posting. No body armor, rear sight flipped down, weapon looks immaculate.

He's just trying to mislead naïve people. Pete Bootiplug is Indiana's Justin Trudeau.

He probably never even used the trigger!

Is that location "In Country"? His rifle is rather shiny.
    Everything about that photo's a bit queer.

So what level of military service does he need before we can stop questioning it rather than thanking him for his service, regardless of political affiliation or sexual preference?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So what level of military service does he need before we can stop questioning it rather than thanking him for his service, regardless of political affiliation or sexual preference?

I don't think anyone is disparaging his service. You're right, he should be thanked for it. I think it's more directed toward the way he is using his service to try and make himself perhaps a little more appealing as a candidate by making it look like he was a battle-tested soldier or something.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well Sir, personally, I thank all active U.S. service members, vets, LEO's, fire fighters, Border Patrol members, etc.*

But someone having 'served' doesn't necessarily mean I'd want them to run the WH.......

* I would bet there are at least 3 LEO's on this board, whom I have thanked for serving, in person, out in public here in INDY.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think anyone is disparaging his service. You're right, he should be thanked for it. I think it's more directed toward the way he is using his service to try and make himself perhaps a little more appealing as a candidate by making it look like he was a battle-tested soldier or something.

Right. I think the problem most people have with it seems to be the perception that he's embellishing his service to bolster his "trained gun expert" cred as an anti-gun candidate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right. I think the problem most people have with it seems to be the perception that he's embellishing his service to bolster his "trained gun expert" cred as an anti-gun candidate.

I hadn't even considered the anti-gun angle, but yes that's plausible. "Look at this picture of me holding this weapon of war on the battlefield. This is the only place these weapons of war have any business being."

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

No thank yous from me until they are Space Force Shuttle Door Gunners with 2 years Combat.

jknAueg.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Bingo.

He has stated, "I carried one over there, so I wouldn't need one over here."

So yeah. He's trying to use his military service as leverage to make himself look better. Not knocking his service at all, not disparaging him for being a homosexual. He's just a s***ty mayor and he's a s***ty presidential candidate.

Top Bottom