AT&T cell phone signal/dead spots in central Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am considering AT&T cell service and would like to hear pros/cons from users in central Indiana. I live in N.W. Johnson county and spend a lot of time in Morgan county. Thanks in advance INGO members.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I would encourage you to go into the AT&T store and buy the very cheapest "Go Phone" they have. Activate a month to month service plan and take it home with you and try to use it. You'll know inside of a week if their service is going to be sufficient for you in your area and with your travel patterns.

Mike

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Smokey Row and Morgantown is a dead spot for 20'

I drive on 144 to Mooresville and there's one area just east of the roundabout where I tend to lose signal briefly, doesn't always disconnect the call but it usually goes dead for a few seconds. I think it's decent down 37 to Martinsville. You're good up 37 from 144 to indy.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If you will be traveling in rural southern Indiana, Verizon has better coverage just about everywhere. I have AT&T and they suck - other people talking on the phone when I have no service and I ask them who they have and they always say Verizon. I'm on a grandfathered family plan with AT&T that makes it too cheap to switch to Verizon. No way would I go AT&T today if I was starting fresh.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I am also on a family plan which someone else pays for so I stick with AT&T. When I lived in IL it was great, now here I have dropped calls and no service. I have a single bar in my house (N Terre Haute). Verizon would be my choice now but that won't happen until I am the one paying.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    NE of Crawfordsville along SR 47 - ALL signal becomes spotty. My Verizon doesn't work in/around Darlington and my folks' AT&T only works if you're in certain spots and hold your head right.

Verizon is by far the best physical coverage in Indiana. Whether or not they have what you want/can afford is another matter all together.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Live in Mooresville, work in Morgan County. I have crap service at my house at 144 and Johnson Rd, but if I drive a 1/4 mile any direction I pick it back up. Dead spot near Kitchen Rd and 144, 37 and 44, 67 and 39, and 67 and observatory. Otherwise ok. I drive around for a living, and those spots are guaranteed to break up or lose a call every time on my iPhone 6 plus. There are a few more areas in the rural parts down south, but Martinsville and Mooresville are ok other than the spots described above.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you will be traveling in rural southern Indiana, Verizon has better coverage just about everywhere. I have AT&T and they suck - other people talking on the phone when I have no service and I ask them who they have and they always say Verizon. I'm on a grandfathered family plan with AT&T that makes it too cheap to switch to Verizon. No way would I go AT&T today if I was starting fresh.

Depends on where you are. Most of my friends are on verizon with no service when my AT&T is still there. The more rural you are the more likely there is to be dead spots with all cell providers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I left AT&T a long time ago due to really spotty service, even in Indianapolis. Now DoggyMama and I both have StraightTalk thru Walmart (tracphone basically). The network you use depends on the phone you buy. Mine uses Verizon's network and hers uses Sprint. It's kind of a crapshoot when we go down to Lake Monroe as to who will have a good signal. Sometimes mine is better, and sometimes hers is, just depending on where we are on the lake.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Check with the carrier. Most major carriers have (or at least used to) a 30 day grace for just that reason. if you find within the first billing cycle that they dont cover where you need, you can cancel the contract. (But you are still typically on the hook for the first month's service.)

Top Bottom