• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm on a $30 for 45mbps DSL promotional plan and they are offering 100mbps for $60 or 50mbps for $30 and the freshly laid fiber is 150mbps for $70. Still to much for me and I don't need it anyway, my computer is now slower than my connection.

I called to ask when it was available, and ended up hanging up on the foreign sales guy when he wouldn't shut up about the "great news" about the fiber being available and asking when I wanted it installed, he wouldn't take "No changes" as an answer.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

fiber would be nice.
    Have spectrum cable and we do have the several drops of signal several times a day.
    At first I had figured it was my old WiFi router resetting the dhcp server settings. Kids would yell about the drop. So I borrowed a brand new Cisco WiFi from work and with the better software I could tell it was not the router but the service. After four different repair guys came out and tested they could not make it better. I found a good spectrum tech thru a friend who came out to the house at the cost of some beer and a steak. He found an issue with the in house modem and when it updated to the newer bios version the issues did stop. We might get one a week now. Much better than the older bios. It had to do with shutting off of the internal WiFi of the box and using my old d-link router which used the same up address. It would engage the WiFi then shut it off. Causing the ip to bump heads. We put the internal WiFi to 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.0.250. Hope this might help others. Before bios update both WiFi defaulted to the same ip and the modem one which was shut off could not be put to any other address. The guy who figured it out is from spectrums business division he was confused as they don’t use those routers for a reason.

Top Bottom