• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I am looking into going away from my current internet and cable provider and am looking into getting Uverse. I live in the Castleton/Fishers area and understand that the pic quality can be degraded if you are a good distance off from a node. I am wondering if any of you in my area are having issues or like the service. Thanks for your input.:popcorn:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I like it seems to work better than the Dish companies weather doesnt effect it and it was the only way I could get high speed internet where I live.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have it and I'm happy with it. (Un)fortunately, we are moving in a month, so I hope we can get the service again at our new location. Accessing your DVR via internet or iphone app is pretty convenient. Movies on demand are not as good as other providers, but we don't use that feature at all.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. Beats the heck out of the comcast I had for 4 years.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I've had Uverse for a few months and compared to the hell that I went through with Comcrap, I love it!!! I don't have any picture issues and the internet service is just fine with me.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    TV is top notch in SW Marion Co. Rarely have an issue, and it's never local to us. My problems are with the service overall. We have the TV/Phone/Internet combo. Our biggest problem stems from the installation. Our house is less than 10yrs old, but our existing wiring "wasn't good enough", so he punched a hole in our wall in the bedroom and ran a wire along the side of our house to the garage where everything comes in.

So, since our residential gateway is in the bedroom, it's wireless internet only (great for laptops, sucks for PCs). They provided us with a little USB wireless adapter, but it's just not strong enough to hold a signal from one end of the house on the ground floor to the other end on the upper floor. Too much interference. Thanks to that, we get to manually reconnect due to dropped network regularly. Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you're running a desktop PC, it needs to have wired internet.

Our lone service call in about 15mos. was one day when our internet wouldn't stay connected. Called tech support, they told us to hard reboot the gateway. Well, once we unplugged everything, it killed the phone (not unexpected since it controls the phone). However, the phone never came back up. Fortunately, they were able to get a tech out that evening and replace the gateway.

Uverse gets a 6 out of 10 for me.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    The Uverse is not for a family of 4 or more. Unless different in your area. I live south of Indy. I'm told I can only get 18meg speed. Your phone will take about 2 meg. Your HD movie will take about 4meg of speed and to record a show will take about 3 meg of speed. Your kid playing Xbox on line will take another 3 meg of speed. You add it all up and something will be slow or jittery.

Top Bottom