At the Valpo Gun Show...?? Stupid Questions....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    So I'm walking down the aisle and I see what I think is two of the many vendors talking and note that the guy looks familiar. Jeans, sport shirt and over vest... Nothing different than the hundreds of other people on the floor...

As I get closer I realized who the "Vendor" reminds me of...

Me: Hi, I know you have probably had thousands of people say this, but has anyone ever told you you look just like the NRA Executive Director, Wayne LaPierre?

Vendor: Oh yeah, I hear that all the time... I even hear that a lot from my wife.......

Mrs. LaPierre....

And we start laughing...

I sure did not expect him to come from Virginia to go to the Valpo Gun Show, but we had a really nice conversation about a lot of different subjects including of course politics... What a really genuinely nice guy...
    I was honored to meet him and have the chance to talk for a bit...

Weird... no crowd, no lines etc... just a couple guys at a local gun show talking 2A and guns... very very cool...

IMG_1085_zps70db31c0.jpg

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I think it's very cool that he isn't one of those types that are all talk behind a fancy desk but actually gets out incognito more or less to talk to gun owners on a personal level. That's really the only way to get a feel for what gun owners are really thinking and feeling.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Another member here on INGO said that they talked for awhile and he got an autograph as well. Not sure I would have recognized him, but glad to see he is not "above" the common person and likes to come out to events like this too.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Another member here on INGO said that they talked for awhile and he got an autograph as well. Not sure I would have recognized him, but glad to see he is not "above" the common person and likes to come out to events like this too.

That was me. I posted this in the firearms section.

I went to the Valpo Gun Show this morning, and visited with Wayne LaPierre from the National Rifle Association! I walked past him at first, then realized who he was, and went back and talked to him. I introduced myself to him, and we spoke for about ten minutes or so. He said he had been in Chicago, and heard there was a show in Valpo and decided to come visit.
    Very intesting to talk to, and very driven on our gun rights, and freedoms. He went on to talk to other people at the booths, and I went outside.
    A few minutes later he came out to leave, and saw me standing by the door, and came back over and said "It was nice visiting with me", gave me a buisness card, and signed it.
    A totally unexpected morning, kind of made the show for me.

Yes, down to earth and very personable.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That was me. I posted this in the firearms section.

I went to the Valpo Gun Show this morning, and visited with Wayne LaPierre from the National Rifle Association! I walked past him at first, then realized who he was, and went back and talked to him. I introduced myself to him, and we spoke for about ten minutes or so. He said he had been in Chicago, and heard there was a show in Valpo and decided to come visit.
    Very intesting to talk to, and very driven on our gun rights, and freedoms. He went on to talk to other people at the booths, and I went outside.
    A few minutes later he came out to leave, and saw me standing by the door, and came back over and said "It was nice visiting with me", gave me a buisness card, and signed it.
    A totally unexpected morning, kind of made the show for me.

Yes, down to earth and very personable.

Awesome, well, wasnt sure it was you, i tend to look through more threads then i can remember, so I didnt want to assume.

Top Bottom