At what point do you adjust stock sights to hit dead center?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Good advice everyone.

Yes, it's a Glock. (G19 with Ghost 3.5lb trigger kit and springs and polished contact parts to make the trigger 'better')

No, I usually go to the range solo. I don't have any 'gun nuts' in my inner circle and although some friends own a single gun and will occasionally go to the range with me they shoot worse than I do.

I only have one other 9mm to compare it to, but they're completely different guns. I'll take my Kahr CM9 with me next time and put 10rds through it, and 10rds with the Glock 19 to compare... (Though I shoot about the same on the Kahr even with it's super long trigger pull and reset)

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'll take them into consideration!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Jefferson County? Just bring it up to Seymour and we will figure it out together.

You did not mention whether the stock plastic sights were on the gun. Not that they would be the problem, but the stock Glock sights suck and need replaced just because. Swing by ACME or Bite the Bullet and get a set of sights installed. Then head to Accuracy Unlimited for an hour of range time. If I am around and my wife doesn't yell at me, I will go with you and bring along a spare G19 and something else. We can figure out pretty quick if it is you or the gun.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Good advice everyone.

Yes, it's a Glock. (G19 with Ghost 3.5lb trigger kit and springs and polished contact parts to make the trigger 'better')

No, I usually go to the range solo. I don't have any 'gun nuts' in my inner circle and although some friends own a single gun and will occasionally go to the range with me they shoot worse than I do.

I only have one other 9mm to compare it to, but they're completely different guns. I'll take my Kahr CM9 with me next time and put 10rds through it, and 10rds with the Glock 19 to compare... (Though I shoot about the same on the Kahr even with it's super long trigger pull and reset)

Thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'll take them into consideration!
    More finger on the trigger, the above pie chart pretty much spelled it out! When I jettisoned the 1911 for a Glock, I had beautiful groups to the left of POA, only after a friend told me to grab up more trigger with the finger, did those beautiful groups go to where I was aiming!

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Put the gun in a rest and find out if it's you or the sights. When I first started shooting, I was always hitting left. Put it in a rest and put together a rather impressive group dead center. It'll tell you where the problem is.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Are you left or right eye dominant? What hand do you shoot with? Unfortunately I'm a right hand shooter but left eye dominant just like my dad. If I use my right eye my group shifts and opens up a bit too. I have to stay focused at the range to keep using my left eye. I took a friend to the range and he was amazed I was left eye dominant but shot right handed. Little things can make a huge difference.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    As noted, you're getting good groups. Drift your rear sight to the right, and move on with your life. Glocks are prone to this. Heck, Larry Vickers has to drift his sights due to this issue.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't put any stock in the wheels of misfortune in your case. I had years and years of pistol shooting experience before getting my first Glock. My experience included etensive bullseye and PPC competitions and extensive experience with double-action revolvers and semi-autos from Beretta and Sig. My groups were very good, but off to the left, just like yours. I was given all kinds of well-meaning advice that assumed that it was bad technique or poor marksmanship. I ended up putting Glock adjustable sights on the pistol. I had them as far right in the dovetail as possible and had the sight adjusted as far right as possible. The group came to the center. After all that, I finally decided that (blasphemy) Glocks weren't my cup of tea and I sold it and moved on.

Top Bottom