• ...and so much more!
  • millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Copied from a thread on ar15.com by orpheus762x51 -

This is bad news for anyone wanting to get into silencers or SBRs.

The proposals outlined in ATF 41P (that the Obama Administration wants implemented by the end of the year) will require anyone using an NFA Trust, LLC, Corporation, etc to submit fingerprints, be photographed, proof of citizenship, and obtain their local Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO)’s approval for EVERY NFA item they purchase or transfer. For many, the CLEO requirement will be a defacto ban on NFA items in their jurisdiction, because many CLEOs simply refuse to sign off on any NFA transfers.

I understand that the NFA community represents a minority of gun owners, but we should all be opposed to this. It’s just another attempt to keep chipping away at our rights. They may be coming for us today, but they will be coming for you tomorrow. No one should have an "It’s not MY problem” attitude toward this.
    As a citizen, you have until December 9, 2013 to officially voice your opposition. After that, no further comments will be allowed. Completing the following steps is the best way for an individual to make an impact:

1. Go to regulations.gov
    2. Search "ATF 41P”
    3. Click on the comment box and leave your opinion

The best way to make a positive impact is to make intelligent, well informed comments, as these will be considered when the ATF decides how/if they will implement the policy. Talk about how this will cost jobs of thousands in the silencer industry or how the CLEO requirement takes away valuable resources from local law enforcement. We can stop this if enough people throw their weight into it.

*EDIT 9/25/13*

It is not enough to simply comment on this proposal. I am respectfully asking that anyone who leaves a comment to please ask any pro-2nd Amendment friends, coworkers, or family to go comment as well.

Writing your representatives won’t hurt either. The more attention we draw towards these abuses, the better chance we have at keeping them from being enacted.
    To those who have already commented, thank you. Remember, the deadline is December 9th. We need to flood the ATF with as many comments as possible by then.

Whether or not you own, or think you will never own NFA item(s), this issue is a very important issue. We have lost so many 2A battles over the past several decades, recently there has been some positive outcomes but we need to keep fighting, now harder than ever.

I found this essay very timely - The American Revolution against British Gun Control If the patriots of 1773-1775 were still around I wonder what they would have to say?

Please comment on ATF 41P and as well as write your representatives about it. These fights are ours to lose.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hey I feel your pain. My CLEO... in TEXAS @!*&ing TEXAS won't sign anything, and thats the whole reason I went the trust route.

Wonderful how they want to take away more of my rights...

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Move to Johnson County :yesway:

Sheriff Doug Cox has been a great pleasure to deal with, and has always signed off on my paperwork as well as others.

I already know that I eventually want to move south or southeast of Indiana.
    Just trying to finish college right now.
    After that, I am getting out of Lake County (Aka Cook County 2.0 in the making)

Top Bottom