• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    this may have been one of the green gas guns not the battery guns we all know. the green gas guns use a real firing pin and with that said and has a bolt that moves too the lowers are the same function as the real guns (a friend has a 1911 that works like that and all 1911 parts fit it,grips,triggers,safeties and so on) so if that is the model and alot are made of alloy metals, it may have been easily converted as the trigger and mechanics work like a m4/m16. dont know if you could get more than one round off b4 it came apart (sure the recoil buffer and tube were not intended for real recoil of a .223/5.56) but can see this being the intent of the seizure of the toys

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

I'll go waaaayy out on a limb here and venture a guess that some thug who cannot pass a background check isn't likely to spend the time, effort, and 1,000 to modify an air soft that will last for a few dozen rounds to execute an evil deed.

No, I suspect he'll instead spend under 100 to buy a stolen gun from some other thug.

But sure... them ATF buggers are smart.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What this ATF agent does well illustrate is the ridiculousness and futility of firearm laws.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with both posts, but you know, there is some guy out there with the time, probably can actually legally own a firearm, but just wants to do it because he can.

Someone want to draw up a mythbusters letter?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I expect there would be.

I expect there are some outstanding engineering / machinest folks with access to CNC and CAD that could build them from scratch.

The older I get the more madness I see in gun laws and government agencies like the batf (and a host of others).

Best regards.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Wait a minute!
    Did Lee Paige change his name to Kelven Crenshaw, shave his head, move from Florida to Washington state, and get a job with the BATFE?

You know our "old friend" Lee Paige: "I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carries this Glock 40. I'm the only one"..KA-POW!

Sure acts like him--notice that he swept the camera operator with the easily-converted-to-a-machine gun Airsoft gun. Gek! :puke:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Wait a minute!
    Did Lee Paige change his name to Kelven Crenshaw, shave his head, move from Florida to Washington state, and get a job with the BATFE?

You know our "old friend" Lee Paige: "I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carries this Glock 40. I'm the only one"..KA-POW!

Sure acts like him--notice that he swept the camera operator with the easily-converted-to-a-machine gun Airsoft gun. Gek! :puke:

Wow. I had forgotten about him.

Watching these ATF agents is like watching a short from Curly Howard.... except Mr. Howard was acting.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I expect there would be.

I expect there are some outstanding engineering / machinest folks with access to CNC and CAD that could build them from scratch.

The older I get the more madness I see in gun laws and government agencies like the batf (and a host of others).

Best regards.

You don't need to be outstanding to do things that simple.

You just need to know how to program the machine and operate it.

What I'm scratching my head over is that you don't seem to realize this is how a lot of them are made anyway?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am satisfied that most government agencies exist for the purpose of proving that there is no bottom limit on stupidity.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You don't need to be outstanding to do things that simple.

You just need to know how to program the machine and operate it.

What I'm scratching my head over is that you don't seem to realize this is how a lot of them are made anyway?

Oh no!

Has anybody told the ATF?

Top Bottom