• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You're looking for a sucker to test this theory out, aren't you?

Kut (says "not it")
    lol no. They released an opinion letter on reclassifying a pistol if shoulder fired with a brace on it. A "firearm" Legaly defined is neither a pistol nor a rifle. So shouldering it with a brace attached shouldn't be included in the opinion letter they issued. I'm really wanting to hear one of the lawyers familiar with firearms chime in an give their opinion on this. If it's a LEGAL loophole then it's not poking the bear, it's just plain legal. If I'm reading something wrong and it's not legal then I want to know. I don't plan on being a test case not am I asking anyone else to be.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm assuming that they'd say that if it was designed/intended to be shoulder fired, that would be considered a stock, and hence a rifle, not a "firearm" (outside the definition of a rifle or handgun).

Anyway, all of this is dumb as **** and needs to be abolished. There's no ****ing functional difference between a sig brace and normal stock other than some lawyer bull ****.

lol no. They released an opinion letter on reclassifying a pistol if shoulder fired with a brace on it. A "firearm" Legaly defined is neither a pistol nor a rifle. So shouldering it with a brace attached shouldn't be included in the opinion letter they issued. I'm really wanting to hear one of the lawyers familiar with firearms chime in an give their opinion on this. If it's a LEGAL loophole then it's not poking the bear, it's just plain legal. If I'm reading something wrong and it's not legal then I want to know. I don't plan on being a test case not am I asking anyone else to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thought I'd dredge up this old topic with a question to possible changes with the new Trump administration? Maybe we just abolish the BATF?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There's your problem. Unelected officials being able to draft, implement, and enforce laws with no checks and balances. What a pile of :poop:

Hope Trump cleans house and gets rid of this BS immediately.

Still don't understand how un-elected individuals put laws in place.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I never bought one. For a little more money I was able to make an SBR.

My only problem now is if I decide to hunt deer with my 300 blk. I will need to put it on a pistol lower and maybe something to stabilize the pistol would be handy to have... but I don't see me going that way.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I thought about it, I don't know how long I will live in IN though. Once I get permanently settled, I will definitely be going that route.
    I never bought one. For a little more money I was able to make an SBR.

My only problem now is if I decide to hunt deer with my 300 blk. I will need to put it on a pistol lower and maybe something to stabilize the pistol would be handy to have... but I don't see me going that way.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I wish, I don't know that the cleansing of BATFE (although needed) is high on his give a care list. What I'm wondering is if ol' Feinstein decides to pack it in and retire. She ought to realize by now that her life work to conquer guns is quickly fading along with her age. Four more years of beautiful R control, she'll be 87 then.. I normally don't wish people ill, but... :)
    There's your problem. Unelected officials being able to draft, implement, and enforce laws with no checks and balances. What a pile of :poop:

Hope Trump cleans house and gets rid of this BS immediately.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm building two pistols with Shockwaves right now. I'm not worried one bit about it. These are guns I don't want SBR'd and didn't want 16" barrels on them. I'll be putting copies of the ATF letter in the grips just like I do with my SBR's.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    That's not a bad idea. I wasn't trying to persuade you to be worried, I just don't care for risk personally.
    I'm building two pistols with Shockwaves right now. I'm not worried one bit about it. These are guns I don't want SBR'd and didn't want 16" barrels on them. I'll be putting copies of the ATF letter in the grips just like I do with my SBR's.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I know, it's an unwarranted worry of mine. As long as it is a legit pistol, there is no risk. I just ditched the brace and put it deep in my locker. I think I was talking more about the people who leave it on and use it as a cheek weld without actually pushing it up against their shoulder.
    I don't see what the risk is. AR pistols were around long before the SB came.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like someone else's suggestion in another thread that Trump should appoint Wayne LaPierre as head of the BATFE.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have a pistol with a KAK Shockwave blade and VG6 Epsilon brake and it's a piece of cake to shoot.
    Just put the KAK up against your cheek (but not against your shoulder) and fire away.
    Accurate, controllable, and pretty darn fun.

After the Hearing Protection Act is passed, maybe we will get SBR's off the NFA as well.
    Would like to do both at the same time, but that might be asking a bit much... :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have a pistol with a KAK Shockwave blade and VG6 Epsilon brake and it's a piece of cake to shoot.
    Just put the KAK up against your cheek (but not against your shoulder) and fire away.
    Accurate, controllable, and pretty darn fun.

After the Hearing Protection Act is passed, maybe we will get SBR's off the NFA as well.
    Would like to do both at the same time, but that might be asking a bit much... :dunno:

We should ask for more than we will likely get. SBRs, you'd think, aren't much more scary than regular "assault rifles" I wouldn't think it'd be that big a stretch to get that too.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's what I've learned with my SBR, it's really not fun to shoot unless it's suppressed. Then it ends up being as long as a non SBR, so they should remove them from NFA.

Top Bottom