• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    So just a small heads up for anyone else with a really long name.

If your full name is 31 or more characters long you cannot use an electronic fingerprint submission. I went and got mine done but when I was filling out a new form 1 today I kept getting an error message when using my eft file.

Think I can file a discrimination suit against them? /s

20230303_083732.jpg

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Sounds like a technical glitch. However, it seems like some gate keeping so might have a suit on your hands. Give the ACLU a holler and see what they have to say :patriot:
    From what I see on TV the ACLU wouldn't pick up the fight unless you can fill out their boxes:
    LGBTQXYZ...
    Trans....
    Libtard...
    Sex-ed to K-3rd grade....

They are more interested in high profile cases which further their moral superiority.

I think a gun enthusiast being jerked around is not going to be a cause for them to pursue.

omega1861

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Munster
    The length of your name alone doesn’t put you into a legally protected class under any anti-discrimination law. (Yes, I realize the original post is factually true but likely intentionally sarcastic about the discrimination)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The ATF (Arbitrary Towards Firearms) is making up crap about name-length? I'm shocked we haven't seen this before!

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    You trying to get your FREE sbr stamp?
    You silly goose!
    No, I withdrew my "free" ones on the pistols I was going to SBR eventually when I saw that they were using 2 separate teams to do the paid ones vs free and decided to pay for them. This particular lower was bought with intention to sbr anyways.

The ATF (Arbitrary Towards Firearms) is making up crap about name-length? I'm shocked we haven't seen this before!

I'm shocked they are allowed to restrict the length of your name on these honestly.

If I were a leftie I would argue that it is actually legitimate discrimination as this would likely mostly affect people with foreign names - like my very Greek name. But I'd argue on behalf of a different ethnicity being discriminated against rather Greeks because it'd go nowhere for me with how I look.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million Indian people suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. "

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    What really has me confused now is how capitolarmory submitted my form 4 - because I specifically remember them using an eft of my prints they digitized when I sent them cards.

How could it even be possible?

Top Bottom