• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    The BATFE is finally offering an electronic means of submitting forms for legal entities (such as a trust), after registering, here. I recommend browsing the site with Firefox; Chrome seemed to be having issues with it.

NFA eForms are finally here!!!! ATF is pleased to announce the implementation of the NFA forms into ATF’s eForms system. ATF Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10 are currently available for eForms submission.

The submission of Forms 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9 can only be done by a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the special (occupational) tax for the current Tax Year.

If the submission of the form requires fingerprints, photographs, and the Law Enforcement Certification, the submission cannot be done using eForms – the application must be submitted on paper to the NFA Branch. Accordingly, Forms 1, 4 and 5 may be submitted using eForms if the applicant maker or transferee is a legal entity, such as a corporation, trust, or LLC. The submission of the application will require that the documents establishing the legal entity be attached electronically to the application.

For Forms 1 or 4 that are submitted with making or transfer tax due, the tax payment will be made through Pay.Gov, just prior to the submission of the application. Pay.Gov is a system, of the US Treasury’s Financial Management, that allows the submitter to pay the tax by credit/debit card or from a bank account. For detailed information on Pay.gov you can visit their website at www.pay.gov.

Lets hope this change will also shorten the wait times!:rockwoot:

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    How would this work with having to send a copy of a trust or Articles of Incorporation? Do you have to have an electronic version (PDF) to upload?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I used Safari and tried it last night. Everything went fine until the end when I went to pay. I got an error message and lost all my progress.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Based on the prompts to get to the setup, I think there are going to be dropping the leo requirement soon. Why else would they bother to code the part for the individual as opposed to a corporation/entity?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Based on the prompts to get to the setup, I think there are going to be dropping the leo requirement soon. Why else would they bother to code the part for the individual as opposed to a corporation/entity?

If the submission of the form requires fingerprints, photographs, and the Law Enforcement Certification, the submission cannot be done using eForms – the application must be submitted on paper to the NFA Branch. Accordingly, Forms 1, 4 and 5 may be submitted using eForms if the applicant maker or transferee is a legal entity...

The same proposed changes to dropping the LE Certification for individual forms will also require fingerprints for the legal entities, so it seems that it would actually swing the other way and only FFL/SOTs will soon be able to use the eforms???

-rvb

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    The same proposed changes to dropping the LE Certification for individual forms will also require fingerprints for the legal entities, so it seems that it would actually swing the other way and only FFL/SOTs will soon be able to use the eforms???

-rvb

Maybe its going to be the case where you have to get a L1 style fingerprint to use? Pure speculation on my part, but seems logical.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    So just so people are aware of this, if you manage to lock yourself out of the ATF website (by say having caps lock turned on and entering the wrong password a few times), it will present you a number to call to unlock your account. When you call that number, the people on the other end will have no idea that a) such a site exists, b) be unable to unlock your account, and c) be very nice about it, but completely unable to help as your username/name will NOT appear in their system (but again, they were very polite and professional about it).

To unlock said account, just click on the "Forgot Password?" button and reset it. Sure would be nice if the pop up error said that instead of call a help desk that physically cant help you..."

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Yes Dana Pickles is one of the two examiners left working, and he does the eforms...at least that's what I have been told.

One of two? Who is the other? I had heard, based on the fact that NFA still worked during the last shutdown, that they were all working. Guess that was inaccurate :(

Top Bottom