• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Disband the ATF and offer the agents a transfer to ICE or Border Patrol if they wish to continue employment. Transfer the responsibilities of the ATF to a small, specialized section of the FBI whose job is to concentrate on major violators. Underfund this new section to the point that they simply don't have time to go after anyone except major criminals. Work towards repeal of nonsense gun regulations, such as barrel length/shoulder stock restrictions. Toughen mandatory penalties for those who use guns while committing crimes.

:twocents:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Disband the ATF and offer the agents a transfer to ICE or Border Patrol if they wish to continue employment. Transfer the responsibilities of the ATF to a small, specialized section of the FBI whose job is to concentrate on major violators. Underfund this new section to the point that they simply don't have time to go after anyone except major criminals. Work towards repeal of nonsense gun regulations, such as barrel length/shoulder stock restrictions. [STRIKE]Toughen mandatory penalties for those who use guns while committing crimes.[/STRIKE] Eliminate all laws that give additional penalties for crimes using a gun, except possible loss of gun rights. Committing murder/robbery/rape/etc. with a gun is should be viewed the same as committing such crimes with a knife/baseball bat/etc. Just part of eliminating the 90% of laws/regulations that we can and should do without.

:twocents:

I was with you up until that last part.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah lets eliminate gov't one agency at a time.

I've been waiting for the Dept of Ed to disappear since the 1980's
    Soeaking of which l, talking to a group of friends, they were astonished when I suggested we abolish the dept of education. :runaway:

then I asked them if education has gotten better or worse since 1979 when it was created. They were like, huh? 1979? People just assume that we've never lived without a government agency shepherding the way.

I think we could get along just fine without the bat****ers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Soeaking of which l, talking to a group of friends, they were astonished when I suggested we abolish the dept of education. :runaway:

then I asked them if education has gotten better or worse since 1979 when it was created. They were like, huh? 1979? People just assume that we've never lived without a government agency shepherding the way.

I think we could get along just fine without the bat****ers.

I think you'll find that about most departments. And most people.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't know if moving ATF functions under FBI would really help. Same issues so long as the same laws stay on the books, just a new name. It needs to 1) be significantly reduced and 2) put back under Treasury.

-rvb

ps Dept of Ed needs GONE...

-rvb

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Kill the faulty agencies then kill the faulty laws. If there is any chance to amputate parts of bureaucracy then do it before it can expand or move.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It would be WONDERFUL for the jack-booted thugs at the atf to disappear. But then, there will still be the jack-booted thugs at the fbi to deal with. But if the atf goes away, then we can get serious about cleaning up the cesspool the fbi is.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ATF's job and the reason for it's attachment to treasury was primarily alcohol and tobacco tax/control related. Like all government agencies bloat and mission creep have produced the regulatory/industrial complex machines we have today.

Top Bottom