• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was just thinking about this the other Day. The recent vets have suddenly become the official TV villain. In the last couple weeks half the shows that I saw had that as their plot.
    Holy cow... My exact words. The wife, and I were watching our shows as the fall season came back on, and they are absolutely FULL of plotlines where combat veterans have become enraged and turned against the government as "domestic terrorists" in the new shows.

My wife, who still refuses to see the evil in the world) said maybe they were just trying to shed light on mental health issues.

Funny how "mental health" issues always seem to take the form of veterans turning against the government...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Holy cow... My exact words. The wife, and I were watching our shows as the fall season came back on, and they are absolutely FULL of plotlines where combat veterans have become enraged and turned against the government as "domestic terrorists" in the new shows.

My wife, who still refuses to see the evil in the world) said maybe they were just trying to shed light on mental health issues.

Funny how "mental health" issues always seem to take the form of veterans turning against the government...
    Same thing happened in the 70s and 80s with how Hollywood portrayed Vietnam Vets. They were often shown as addicted, crazy or homeless.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I noticed that starting last season with "white nationalists". Now it has moved to the January 6th "Insurrection". I should just stop watching television, seems as how I am now going to be betrayed as an unstable veteran just because I served in Iraq and don't agree with the current regimes' policies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I noticed that starting last season with "white nationalists". Now it has moved to the January 6th "Insurrection". I should just stop watching television, seems as how I am now going to be betrayed as an unstable veteran just because I served in Iraq and don't agree with the current regimes' policies.
    The democrats and media have always feared the military/veterans, they've had to fake supporting them for years but now that's fading away, it's only going to get worse.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There's the article, there's the rumor / innuendo / speculation, there's what's been released to the public, and then there's the truth.

Top Bottom