• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is an interesting piece from the ATF. Guess they have it in mind to reclassify toys as machine guns. The really interesting thing is that they are attempting to memory hole their document of their findings. Keep it internal to use against Airsoft owners and importers is my guess.

Here's the cached version of their document (too bad no-one ever told them how the interwebs worked).

ATF Ruling 2010-4 - Certain AR/M-16-style Air Guns Classified as Firearms under the Gun Act

And here's their link to the original document. They're not too good at keeping secrets at F-Troop.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2010-4.html

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Reading that is struck me a lot as "if we change everything we can get the results we want." Seems pointless too, because if someone was able to get access to a m16-sear im thinking they don't need to use a toy for a lower.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Reading that is struck me a lot as "if we change everything we can get the results we want." Seems pointless too, because if someone was able to get access to a m16-sear im thinking they don't need to use a toy for a lower.

That would likely seem pointless to anyone not on their payroll attempting to justify their own existence in the first place.

A shining example of just how the taxpayers dollars get wasted on a daily basis in the federal .gov by agencies and those in their employ. They simply do not have enough to do in the first place and resort to ridiculous methodology wasting the agencies resources in a technical department to modify a child's toy in order to "look busy".

In my mind's eye, this is a perfect example of there being ZERO accountability at the federal level of government on how tax dollars are allowed to be spent.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    So does that mean that the rusted 2in exhaust on my Toyota is a firearm? It can be readily turned into a reciever for a Sten doesn't mean its what it is made for. I am so sick of rulings like this and how they just make up the rules as they go.

Top Bottom