• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Quite possibly the worst 1911 I have touched. For the price tag it isnt so bad... I would say get the RIA instead, similar price tags but much better.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Plainfield had one, the commander size: To be honest, it was SO nice to see a proper commander spring set up in an inexpensive 1911 instead of some crazy springing! It LOOKED nice, but it definitely felt cheap in my hands. But for a fitted barrel, frame and slide, $360ish isn't a bad price for a new set up for a build :D I figure another 200 bucks and you will have a cast frame sub 500 dollar Colt Commander for light duty usage (no .45 Super) and potentially carry?

On the 1911 forum, general consensus is get a RIA. The ATI ones are made by Shooter's Arms (Phillipino, but not associated with Armscorp, the manufacturer for RIA) and the SAM 1911s are not highly regarded. The small parts and similar that would have to be replaced for consistant performance equals the cost of the RIA.

The cast vs. forged debate aside, for something to tinker with and fit new parts in for a project, the ATI doesn't seem bad, considering the cost of the tools and jigs to fit a barrel (I know :( ), for a "prefitted slide, frame, barrel" for a project gun.

10pointjustice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    I bought the one at pss last weekend shoots decent ate everything I fed it I put 200 rounds though it going to do mods and I believe it's going to be an every day carry any suggestions on mods?

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If this is the gun:

1277389989.jpg

I would suggest a new hammer, trigger, high-grip beavertail (the frame already looks cut might not need a whole ton of grinding), fit the slide, new bushing and new barrel, new springs, and probably would suggest checking the firing pin assembly.

Since you said you shot 200 rounds did you use different types? FMJ JHP??

10pointjustice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Yea were on the same page about the gun and yea mostly put fmj through it put did throw in 40 hornandy jhp and never had a fte or FTf. I'm new to the Indy area and was wandering if there are any good shops around with plenty of 1911 parts

Top Bottom