Atleast there are still some honest people in the world.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    So I went to Blythe's shooting range in Valpo on Sunday to try out my new Sig P938. Range was very busy and the table had alot of stuff on it.
    I was walking back to the table from my stall when I see a young lady grab her rifle case and knock my S&W 22a off the table onto the floor which cracked the glass in the Bushnell red dot I had on it. When I said something to her she looked puzzled how she did it but another gentleman also witnessed it.

Well after she realized it was her fault she took my name and address and promised she would send me the money. I never took any of her info cause what was I gonna do sue her over a $100 scope. She said she got paid on friday. Well today when I got home there was an envelope in my mail box with an apology letter and $100 cash.

She did not put her return address on the envelope so all I know is her name is Jennifer and I would like to thank her for being a stand up person and paying for the damage scope, wish more people were like her.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Ya i was really holding my breath waiting for the money to show. But I am sure glad it did, getting ready to head out to Cabelas to buy a replacement.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    What does it say about our society that we are so surprised when someone does the right thing nowadays?

Glad she took responsibility and reimbursed you. I can't imagine NOT doing that.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I agree, I would have given them the money right there myself. She was young and maybe didn't have it so I trusted her and she did the right thing.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Last week I was at the walmart at Franklin looking for ammo and chatted with a gentleman who does his own reloading and was there to check the prices. After talking for several minutes, when I said goodbye, he said something in the lines of - I've noticed it a lot of times that most gun people are nice.

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

tackdriver47371

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    That is great.

I got egg on my face a few weeks ago.

Our furnace went out just before Christmas, we have a wood stove. However I didn't have much cut and called an add on Craigslist. The young man promptly answered and delivered me a load of good split hardwood on time and said how thankful he was to have a little extra cash this close to Christmas. So I said do you have more? He replied, Yes, I can bring another load this evening. I said here, I'll pay you for both now. That was Saturday before Christmas. Still haven't seen any more firewood. And no answer to any calls or texts. UGH

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That is a good story and yes there are some good and responsible people left. She might have had to wait until payday to pay for the damage. Some young, well us old folks too who don't have much extra cash and have to watch our pennies. You might try to send your scope into Bushnell for repair. If they can't fix it they might replace it. If they do and you see her again maybe you could return the good deed. It would make her day. Hope you get your scope fixed/replaced. :yesway:

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    She didnt have a Pony tail and hot on did she? She may have been leaving in a hurry because of some guy staring at her? Just something I read in another post! But on serious note good for her being a stand up person and keeping her word. Sad that this isnt the norm an longer in this country.

Top Bottom