• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This was AWESOME... until the comments by the police at the end....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFTChyAgTg]YouTube - ATM Robber Scared Away by Armed Citizen[/ame]

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    It almost seems the police there wants the criminal to be successful even if the victim is armed. Of course even if the police were happy about this incident, they wouldn't be allowed to say so on camera.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ROFL, best Christmas present ever

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv1KvThjqV8]YouTube - Armed Barista Pulls Gun, Turns Tables On Robber[/ame]

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nice find, Hickman! And quick, cool thinking on the part of the citizen.

The police statement was shameful. Think the person giving that statement to the press would follow their own advice?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yeah that kind of advice from police is what keeps the criminals in a booming business. cops know if every good citizen carried a gun crime would go way down and they'd have budget cuts. rising crime is a good thing for police. its job security
    i like how calm the guy was!! but come on man "almost didnt bring it with me" ??? WHAT???? either always carry it or not at all. might have been bad if he went for it and it wasnt there, especialy when the guy was already in his car. diggin the blackhawk serpa!!!! my favorite holster

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    If they want everyone to assume that the suspect is carrying a deadly weapon and it is loaded then it would suck to be a bad guy there, I will not put my fate in the hands of someone else, It is much safer in my hands!!

1911fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    magine that, police just wanting us to lie down and do whatever the bad guy wants just so they can waste tax payer money to investigate, and more than likely not catch the guy anyway, when we are perfectly capable of taking care of it ourselves.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    talking about doing for a living ........do you think its by acident that the government and media call cops, and soldiers heros and glorify them for just doing their job?? nope, they do it now more than ever. who wants to shoot a "hero" when he comes to take your guns away or violate other fundamental rights?? exactly!!!!

as a vet, i have been called a hero many times by citizens with good and sincere intentions that were just trying to thank me and others. but I AM NO HERO for just doing my job. I DESPISE THAT WORD when its used on me, i didnt earn it, and i know many fellow vets and active duty soldiers do as well. If you wanna know A REAL HERO, then go to Arlington national Cemetary and stand at attention and salute TRUE HEROS! they lie before you, a silent Army that answered the call of their country to preserve freedom for posterity.

the truth is that the real heros arent the ones that will oppress you!! the real heros will answer the call of AMERICA and reufuse to violate the constitution this nation was founded on! A true hero stands up for what isnt always popular or PC, or maybe even best for them, but its right!!! to those police and soldiers, I SALUTE YOU as TRUE HEROS. to the posers who wanna play hero and violate people rights, or tell them not to deffend themselves and their families, i spit in your face.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    talking about doing for a living ........do you think its by acident that the government and media call cops, and soldiers heros and glorify them for just doing their job?? nope, they do it now more than ever. who wants to shoot a "hero" when he comes to take your guns away or violate other fundamental rights?? exactly!!!!

as a vet, i have been called a hero many times by citizens with good and sincere intentions that were just trying to thank me and others. but I AM NO HERO for just doing my job. I DESPISE THAT WORD when its used on me, i didnt earn it, and i know many fellow vets and active duty soldiers do as well. If you wanna know A REAL HERO, then go to Arlington national Cemetary and stand at attention and salute TRUE HEROS! they lie before you, a silent Army that answered the call of their country to preserve freedom for posterity.

the truth is that the real heros arent the ones that will oppress you!! the real heros will answer the call of AMERICA and reufuse to violate the constitution this nation was founded on! A true hero stands up for what isnt always popular or PC, or maybe even best for them, but its right!!! to those police and soldiers, I SALUTE YOU as TRUE HEROS. to the posers who wanna play hero and violate people rights, or tell them not to deffend themselves and their families, i spit in your face.

Ranger, if those people are calling you a hero, I have a bit of free advice for you: Say "Thank you" and accept their sincere compliment for what it is.
    It took me a long time to learn that. I go out and I do my job. Sometimes that means saving a life. More often, it doesn't, and at those times, I don't feel very heroic... but to those people to whom your arrival is the answer to a prayer, you've just become their hero. You're there to Make Their Problem Go Away.

You don't have to agree with them in your mind, and most of the time, I don't. I was just doing what I've accepted as my job, my career, my calling in life.

To them, that makes me a hero. Take what you can get, because the next guy's going to call you a whole bunch of words I can't type in to INGO.

Now... take my advice or not, up to you... but know that if they call you that, they mean it as a compliment... and it's awfully nice when someone remembers you seven years later when they see you in the aisle at Walmart. Had it happen last week. :thumbsup: Too d**n cool.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Everyone be sure and hand over your cash, and valuables, to the bad guys, we wouldn't want to upset them. And don't pull your weapon, they might want it also.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have to disagree with everyone that says the police want you to give in.

They say "Assume they have a gun." That justifies shooting to me.

Top Bottom