• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    This has to be the oddest field trip / school activity I have ever driven. We took the high school football team up to Lawrence today for some kind of training/exercise/workout. The Marines greeted the bus I guess in Marine fasion.

The coaches got off the bus and told me they would get on and take control. This was no joke! Some kind of flash bangs or flare guns or something were being set off/shot, one jumped in the back window of my bus, 2 or 3 were running up and down the sides pounding on the bus.... and in about 2 seconds after the one jumpd in the back thru the window, he was up front barking orders at the kids...

All said and done I now have a busted out door on my bus. Let me tell you how much fun that is trying to explain to the school police over the radio and then your boss.

Been a fun start to my morning!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    This has to be the oddest field trip / school activity I have ever driven. We took the high school football team up to Lawrence today for some kind of training/exercise/workout. The Marines greeted the bus I guess in Marine fasion.

The coaches got off the bus and told me they would get on and take control. This was no joke! Some kind of flash bangs or flare guns or something were being set off/shot, one jumped in the back window of my bus, 2 or 3 were running up and down the sides pounding on the bus.... and in about 2 seconds after the one jumpd in the back thru the window, he was up front barking orders at the kids...

All said and done I now have a busted out door on my bus. Let me tell you how much fun that is trying to explain to the school police over the radio and then your boss.

Been a fun start to my morning!

Well dangit--stop toting that Bin Laden boy around! :laugh:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's kind of weird. I would say the one coming through the back door got a bit overexcited.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think something is missing here..such as an explianation as to why this was nessacary. :dunno:

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    They gave them the PI treatment,lol. Try having it happen in the wee hours of the morning when youre sleeping on the bus,lol. Did they have yellow footprints for them to line up on once off the bus too?

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Did they have yellow footprints for them to line up on once off the bus too?

You mean like the doorway to my gun room? :patriot:

footprints.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

The coaches got off the bus and told me they would get on and take control. one jumpd in the back thru the window,

yep, entering the back door. sounds like the Marines alright. :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Seems like there must be more to this story. Sounds like it would've been fun to watch though! I was never in the Marines, but one of my most vivid military memories is getting off the bus as a new recruit and immediately having the stiff rim of a Drill Sergeant's hat up against my forehead and having him yell "I ALREADY DON'T LIKE YOU! "

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    nah, we know left from right... it's an entrance requirement.....

Thanks for your service.....:patriot:

Top Bottom