• ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Mob mentality exhibited.

Everyone was just going to stand there and watch until someone changed the narrative. At that point everyone else joined in.

The second thing I observed was his technique - keep pushing and keep the suspect off balance. When he got to the end of the isle, he slowed down on the bad guy was able to get his feet back underneath him. A better tactic would have been to spin or do some other takedown once you're in the open.

The third thing I noticed is how oblivious everyone is to a hooded and masked man walking right up to cashier. :n00b:

Now, let's play "what if"... You don't see a gun, just verbal threats. You're armed, you're a store, you're at close range...

Hands on, go for guns, or...???
    Is the reason he slowed on the push because of the small child in the isle the fight was headed toward?

Interesting reaction by the others to say the least. It appears only 1 other guy actually saw it and seemed to not "freeze up". The guy that almost got bowled over was either clueless, or chose to ignore it, yet he was one of the first to jump in once he saw what was happening. I'm going to guess the initial approach was a discreet, "don't scream, don't move, just let me take the money and I'll be done here".

As a family we shop at all Aldi's quite a bit. I'm amazed at the amount of customers that use cash instead of debit/credit cards.
    Isn't Aldi cash/debit only (no credit)?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who robs an Aldi????? Of course he's going to get taken down. The people in Aldi aren't the same as the people in trader joe's. I wouldn't mess with Aldi people.

They are a fairly frequent target, and about the only grocery store that gets robbed at the cash register. Cash only (or at least they used to be), registers sit near the door, not much in the way of security.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is the reason he slowed on the push because of the small child in the isle the fight was headed toward?
    Oh yeah, I didn't see her. She looks like one of those little demon girls in those Japanese horror films.

Interesting reaction by the others to say the least. It appears only 1 other guy actually saw it and seemed to not "freeze up". The guy that almost got bowled over was either clueless, or chose to ignore it, yet he was one of the first to jump in once he saw what was happening. I'm going to guess the initial approach was a discreet, "don't scream, don't move, just let me take the money and I'll be done here".

I'm amazed at how people go through day to day life without any situational awareness.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mob mentality exhibited.

Everyone was just going to stand there and watch until someone changed the narrative. At that point everyone else joined in.

The second thing I observed was his technique - keep pushing and keep the suspect off balance. When he got to the end of the isle, he slowed down on the bad guy was able to get his feet back underneath him. A better tactic would have been to spin or do some other takedown once you're in the open.

The third thing I noticed is how oblivious everyone is to a hooded and masked man walking right up to cashier. :n00b:

Now, let's play "what if"... You don't see a gun, just verbal threats. You're armed, you're a store, you're at close range...

Hands on, go for guns, or...???

That happen a LOT.
    Helping people.
    Rescuing people.
    Donating money.
    etc.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yes, no credit cards. Just cash or debit cards.

Not true anymore. Policy changed over a year ago.

Q. What forms of payment are accepted at ALDI stores?
    A. We welcome cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, most debit cards, the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), Link cards and contactless pay such as Apple Pay and Android Pay. At this time, we do not accept checks or the Women, Infants and Children program (WIC).

https://www.aldi.us/en/customer-service/faqs/method-of-payment-gift-cards/

Top Bottom