• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_kinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Developing story MPD officer injured in shooting near campus | The Star Press | thestarpress.com

Sounds like someone tried to hold up the VP and a Muncie PD officer was on scene and a shooting broke out. Officer was injured but injuries were superficial. A couple vehicles sustained gunshots. No fatalities reported.

EDIT: Just got an official email from the University. Police were serving a felony warrant and suspect returned fire.

Last edited:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Wow. Hope the cop is ok.
    I was in Muncie last summer visiting and we went to the liquor store to stock up and a car pulls in next to ours that was riddled with bullet holes in the pass. side door. First time I'd seen that. Some rough looking dude driving. My buddies thought they were decals.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    At approximately 2:00 PM Muncie police were serving a felony arrest warrant near University Ave. and Dill St. As the warrant was being served, the suspect fired at police, wounding a Muncie police officer. Police returned fire, wounding the suspect. An officer sustained a non-life-threatening injury. The suspect is believed to have been injured. University Police were not onthe scene. At no time was there a threat to the the university community.

Hes on a helicopter to indy, so hes injured.... and im not sure how there was NO threat to "university community" given the unconstitutional anti-gun laws. I feel safe though knowing the police are here!

live2hunt009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Thank God I am at work and not around campus right now. I live close by. Prayers towards the officer sent.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    This guy was the guy who robbed the radio shack earlier in the week. One officer was shot in the chest....vest saved him. He is fine. The other officer was shot in the jaw, is in surgery now and should be fine.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Good Im glad they will be ok. I hope the guy having surgery is in good shape.

News choppers are flying over almost non stop... dont know why.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I'd like to know where the info came from that it was a botched robbery actually, that's totally new. The two officers involved were in a Suburban and I can tell you, none of our officers patrol in a Suburban so I'm calling BS on the robbery story. A warrant being served is also what I heard. Waiting to hear the BG's name as I've also heard speculation that I know the guy.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    It wasnt a robbery, they were attempting to serve him a felony warrant. Probably for his last armed robbery.

Top Bottom