Attempted robbery at circle K Emerson and Southport stopped by armed citizen.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...This was my first thought, and possible with some of the side-charging rifles... but after a couple rewinds, I'm going with red-dot activation (twist knob)...
    I think that may be a better guess than charging the gun.

Still like to find more info on this. No updates on the twice shot bad guy?

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not real smart of the guy to fire blindly through a wall though. Lucky he didn't hit the clerk.
    I know the area well, it was end of second Shift and they are closed on 3rd shift, so I knew it was just us three in there.

Directly to the right and behind the robber was just an empty office for the manager… Which by the way I destroyed the printer back there ha ha the manager wasn’t too thrilled about that. Clerk was a bit away and I Saw robbers hand reach around with the pistol right before the laser sweeped my face and the flash appeared so I knew he was in that general area. So Not firing blind but I didn’t have a completely clear picture, but I knew the clerk was clear that is also the main reason I didn’t shoot as you see him walking over in the beginning of the video, fun fact, Soon as I walk in I say “ Clerk do you know him ?” And soon as he says no Robber starts walking around, I lift my rifle and he says..and I quote “what’s good nig-!” And ducks as I say gtf on the ground.

Last edited:

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It looks to me like he might have been able to see the clerk from where he was. The area the clerk ran out of looks like he would have had line of sight from that location. Not real sure though.

Is the "wall" the station with the monitor on the end?
    No the wooden panel wall he was taking cover behind

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I tend to agree. And the description of the exchange between rifleman & clerk would support that.
    I'm completely OK with aimed fire through concealment, especially when return fire is coming from that concealed position.

This was my first thought, and possible with some of the side-charging rifles... but after a couple rewinds, I'm going with red-dot activation (twist knob).

IMO this looks like someone with more than a fair bit of time behind that rifle, who did what was required to interrupt a forcible felony and get his friend/clerk out of the danger zone.
    Good eye my friend, you are correct!

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    and here’s few pics from right after police left and rifle in question

Attachments

• 74AA566A-D23F-46A4-B850-0AB6BD46166E.jpeg
      74AA566A-D23F-46A4-B850-0AB6BD46166E.jpeg
      418.5 KB · Views: 35
    • F27E1752-D861-4052-9036-772DAF2A8785.jpeg
      F27E1752-D861-4052-9036-772DAF2A8785.jpeg
      437.3 KB · Views: 30
    • 97E56B71-5F55-4D07-8BF2-C33FE7BE063B.jpeg
      97E56B71-5F55-4D07-8BF2-C33FE7BE063B.jpeg
      454.7 KB · Views: 34
    • 5AD3D66C-F5C1-4072-9497-0F3897003B91.jpeg
      5AD3D66C-F5C1-4072-9497-0F3897003B91.jpeg
      574.9 KB · Views: 35

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ok. I'm pretty sure that we are talking about the same thing. There is some sort of monitor right above where he was taking cover.

Glad it all worked out.

What's the status of the POS criminal?
    As of right now the detective said no ID on the ****er. Which I find hard to believe with two hits. If You know the Southport area I’m pretty damn sure he lives in those condos Behind Chick-fil-A and whiskey business Because he kinda struggled moving his right arm and walked with a limp. Either way I’m hoping he thinks twice about doing that because I’m always up there now sitting in my vehicle with a rifle in my lap, and the cops all love me there so I don’t have to worry about them messing with me.

Also I leveled up and got the “free polar pop for life from (Circle K)” perk :D

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    As of right now the detective said no ID on the ****er. Which I find hard to believe with two hits. If You know the Southport area I’m pretty damn sure he lives in those condos Behind Chick-fil-A and whiskey business Because he kinda struggled moving his right arm and walked with a limp. Either way I’m hoping he thinks twice about doing that because I’m always up there now sitting in my vehicle with a rifle in my lap, and the cops all love me there so I don’t have to worry about them messing with me.

Also I leveled up and got the “free polar pop for life from (Circle K)” perk :D
    I'm not at all familiar with the area.

How do they know 2 hits connected, and also not be able to ID the guy?

Criggity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm not at all familiar with the area.

How do they know 2 hits connected, and also not be able to ID the guy?
    One you can see hit the arm as it rocks Back when he attempts to go for a second shot, and from what the police said the second shot was a graze on nonvital area judging from the small amount of blood. DNA Was not on file. And thats what makes me think he lives back in those apartments, it is really close to the gas station adrenaline could’ve kept him going till he got home and had someone doctor them up. He couldn’t have gone to a real hospital because the cop said they was gonna be watching them.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    My wifes cousin worked there until a couple months ago, would have been her shift had she still been at this location.

Top Bottom