• minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I salute the brave officers in blue.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1039589616058313&fref=nf

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1039589616058313&fref=nf[/video]

Body Cam footage of the foot chase and arrest of Cornelius Ratliff. ** Language Warning**
    Ratliff was sentenced to 30 years in prison for attempting to shoot the officer. When Ratliff was taken into custody, the officer found the gun was loaded with a round in the chamber. The safety was on, preventing the gun from firing when Ratliff pulled the trigger.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think the officer used great restraint. The criminal clearly had no regard for the law or the life of the officer. I am sure some slimey work in the legal system will let the criminal back on the street to molest society. Thankfully the officer did not absorb a hot projectile.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Interesting video. Watching it full speed I was not able to see Ratliff pull the gun or turn toward the officer with the gun extended. Had that officer shot him and that video hit Youtube without the freeze frames at the end there would have been a lot of upset people ready to hang that officer.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The officer is very lucky that the bad guy was able to shoot, with video evidence that his life was endangered I wouldn't hesitate to clear him from from any accusation of wrong doing.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Glad to see they caught this turd.
    Let's hope that his sentence gets extended due to poor behavior while in the can.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    I'm with you. I think the Glock is far enough out of battery that it wouldnt shoot. Maybe that's why the bad guy is still alive.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Some of comments crack me up. "Thank you EPD for not being like the others."
    How soon people forget EPD is like the others. I guess they all forgot about the EPD smashing in a 68 year old woman's door, tossing flash bangs, military tactics causing lot of damage and found NOTHING.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Maybe if the thumb safety was on. If it was activated, it can be taken out of battery. We used to carry 1911s but because of the Madness, we switched to Glock 22. Blech!

Top Bottom