• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Now that it's getting toward the end of the season, who are your picks for NFL MVP and NCAA Heisman winner?

NFL: I've narrowed it down to Brees, Manning, or Favre. Chris Johnson has had an amazing year but I like to see a player helping his team to win in order for an MVP. The three QB's I've named all deserve it but I'd say that Brees would get my vote. Manning is perhaps most important to his individual team, but I think Brees is having a better year.

NCAA: I really like Mark Ingram for this one. I think Tebow, McCoy and Gerhart also had great years but Mark Ingram is amazing. As was said by the commentators at Saturday's game, he plays a lot like Emmitt Smith. I can't wait to see him in the NFL. I don't really know that Gerhart is going to be a big factor in the NFL. Tebow is hit or miss in that aspect as well. A big part of his college game is his running ability. With the speed of NFL players, I don't know that Tebow is going to be able to use his legs as much as he does in the college game.

So let's hear some other opinions and picks!

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    Definatly Brees - Go Saints
    and Gerhart is an amazing player with a lot of hart. Wether thats enough for a Heisman or not i dont know, but he gets my vote.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Brees and McCoy.

Shared credit definitely goes to the Saints' offense but Brees is putting up monster numbers.

Tebow is a better cheerleader than leader on the field (that's right, I said it! Who wants some? :draw:). Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but the guy's real talent is motivating his team, not directing them. McCoy's a better talent IMO.

Not to mention that Brees and McCoy are ignored by the sports media in favor of Favre and Tebow. But I'm funny like that, I judge by talent, not popularity.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Brees and McCoy.

Shared credit definitely goes to the Saints' offense but Brees is putting up monster numbers.

Tebow is a better cheerleader than leader on the field (that's right, I said it! Who wants some? :draw:). Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but the guy's real talent is motivating his team, not directing them. McCoy's a better talent IMO.

Not to mention that Brees and McCoy are ignored by the sports media in favor of Favre and Tebow. But I'm funny like that, I judge by talent, not popularity.

And the most ignorant post of the day goes to...

(When I say ignorant, I'm referring to numbers 2 and 3 Ignorant Definition | Definition of Ignorant at Dictionary.com)

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Manning is my choice for MVP. Brees and Favre are both doing outstanding jobs for their teams, but I think that both the Saints and the Vikings would, at the least, make the playoffs without them. In the case of the Colts, without Manning they would be mediocre at best.
    I would love to see Suh from Nebraska win the Heisman. He is the best defensive lineman I've seen in years. That said, he won't win it because he is a defensive lineman and that isn't sexy.

Top Bottom