• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Took my 11yo son down to Atterbury and trained him to load, fire, reload and fire the AR from the prone position. He needs a little work on his groups (target on the left). Mine is on the right to give him reference of what the rifle is capable of. Shot at 50yds, zero is 100yds, rested on a backpack. It can be tighter if the sling is used but we didn't because it's set up for me and his arms are shorter of course & I didn't want to mess with it. But anyway, now I know he can operate it if ever necessary.

2011-09-24.jpg

The black is 4" diameter.

:ar15::ar15::yesway: :yesway:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Took my 11yo son down to Atterbury and trained him to load, fire, reload and fire the AR from the prone position. He needs a little work on his groups (target on the left). Mine is on the right to give him reference of what the rifle is capable of. Shot at 50yds, zero is 100yds, rested on a backpack. It can be tighter if the sling is used but we didn't because it's set up for me and his arms are shorter of course & I didn't want to mess with it. But anyway, now I know he can operate it if ever necessary.

2011-09-24.jpg

The black is 4" diameter.

:ar15::ar15::yesway: :yesway:

Nice! you should take him to an Appleseed!!! :patriot: If you haven't been to one, it will help you out too!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Nice! you should take him to an Appleseed!!! :patriot: If you haven't been to one, it will help you out too!

Maybe next spring. I'm easing him into it. He's casually interested in shooting right now. Always says he had fun after we've gone, but I don't want to spook him off since he's one of those that takes training and criticizm better from anyone other than his dad.

As for me, I need to get my eyes sorted out first. I've shot Highpower for years but the sight radius of the AR is now blurry. Going to the doc next month.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    good shooting for a youngen! i think that responsible training of firearms should begin at an age such as your son so that they can have the ability to use said firearm in case of extreme emergency and to prevent someone growing up feeling intimidated or nervous around weapons.
    +1 to you and your boy

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    good shooting for a youngen! i think that responsible training of firearms should begin at an age such as your son so that they can have the ability to use said firearm in case of extreme emergency
    +1 to you and your boy

Exactly. He's become fairly proficient with his .22 bolt. Today was the first time he & I have spent time with "the big gun".

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Being a kid it seems annoying but having all that safety stuff pounded into your head really helps later on. +1 on doing it right!

Top Bottom