• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Registration is open for Camp Atterbury Appleseed in June

Camp Atterbury, IN Appleseed June 15-16, 2013 - Eventbrite

Its time to get ferserious. There will be no coddling of the shooters. There will not be horseplay. If you want to get sorted out with your rifle, this is the place. A rifle has one distinct advantage: Distance. Room clearing, tactical movement, all of these things are fine but if you can't manage your rifle at distance you are throwing away your best advantage.

If you own a hundred guns and a million bullets you got a lot of stuff, but if you are not kind of citizen it might as well be Cabbage Patch dolls. What is the value of your citizenship come from? How did your country begin? What makes a symbol?

Find out all of these things and more at Appleseed CAJMTC under the wizened tutelage of ol' Huff. Bring only what you need and nothing you won't use. See you there.

avboiler11

Master
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Wanted to, but never done an Appleseed before due to schedule constraints.

If one attends a one-day program at Atterbury, will there be a chance to shoot for Rifleman?

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    None of the Atterbury shoots are one-day events but you can attend only one of the days. I would advise Saturday. There will be a chance to shoot Rifleman.

Bring only what you need and nothing you won't use.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    This is a centerfire shoot right? Can't shoot 22LR at the 400 yard targets.
    Ok , It takes 50 rounds for an AQT right? How many AQT's would there be on Sunday only? Need to know how much ammo I gotta drum up. I'm sure it probably takes more time to shoot one at actual range what with all the pickin up and moving firing positions.
    This would be my third appleseed. My ROC expires end of June, need to get this done.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    This is a centerfire shoot right? Can't shoot 22LR at the 400 yard targets.
    Ok , It takes 50 rounds for an AQT right? How many AQT's would there be on Sunday only? Need to know how much ammo I gotta drum up. I'm sure it probably takes more time to shoot one at actual range what with all the pickin up and moving firing positions.
    This would be my third appleseed. My ROC expires end of June, need to get this done.

Well it's 40 rounds per AQT, and yes it will be centerfire only. At last year's Atterbury events I believe we got in 4 AQTs on Sunday. If you're going to come on Sunday only it would benefit you to know (or better yet, have written down) your rifle's comeups between 100 and 400 yards.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Typo... yup 40 rounds per. I'm putting an addition onto the house starting the end of the month. If I got it weather tight by the time this rolls around I may make it.

Top Bottom