• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Still tickets available for this event including free and discounted youth tickets for those under 18.

This is an EXTREMELY unique event where you will get to shoot on the Camp Atterbury pistol range used for Special Forces training. It has computer controlled "pop-up" targets that can be programmed for multiple different scenarios and ability levels. The general public does NOT get to use this range.

You must sign-up before Sunday June 3rd for this event so we can get the gov required paperwork back to Camp Atterbury. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Still tickets available for this event including free and discounted youth tickets for those under 18.

This is an EXTREMELY unique event where you will get to shoot on the Camp Atterbury pistol range used for Special Forces training. It has computer controlled "pop-up" targets that can be programmed for multiple different scenarios and ability levels. The general public does NOT get to use this range.

You must sign-up before Sunday June 3rd for this event so we can get the gov required paperwork back to Camp Atterbury. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity!

Is there any video of a similar EXTREMELY unique event? The descriptions in this topic are not helping me get a mental picture of what you'll be doing.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    UPDATE: Drawing from a holster will be allowed for this course.

Rhino: PM me your email address and I will send you a short video. It's not the greatest, but it shows what it's like.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Ticket deadline is now June 5th.

Let's sell a few more tickets to this event and support Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors Indiana and their work to introduce youth to the outdoors.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Ummmmmmm. Fun doesn't come close to describing this event. Fan fuggin tastic may come close.

800 rounds shot in 4 hours. Drawing from a holster. Mag changes galore. Double taps. Triple taps. One target of mine got 9 hits as fast as possible. There are witnesses too.

It. Was. Freaking. Awesome.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    ^^ Ummmmmmm....YEAH!!! ^^

This event has ruined me! Plain ole goin' to the range will never be the same!! Matt and I had a wonderful day. MANY THANKS TO 308JAKE(...actually living the cliche' by wearin' khakis) and all the other folks involved in presenting us with this rare opportunity.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've never done this before! Was a blast! This wasn't a class, it was a pew pew pew festival. If I shot the tango once and it went down I didn't keep shooting. I used just shy of 600 rounds.

I learned a few things about my guns (I shot a Steyr M9-A1 & an H&K VP9). I thought my Steyr slide lock was worn out but my new VP9 also didn't lock back a few times too. Must be my thumb placement. This made for some challenging mag swaps before the tangos went away. It always seemed to happen on the farthest away double pop up targets too.

Oh and S&B 124 grain ammo primers are really firgging hard! I had ~6 that didn't go pew & a couple locked the action closed somehow after not "pew-ing". All the Bobcat Armament 147 grain ammo performed perfectly. Not a single no-pew or stoppage from either gun.

I'm pulling raw go-pro video right now and will throw a few links up here when they finish getting processed.

A few live videos from the book of face if you are into that: https://www.facebook.com/john.hopkins.5621

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    One POV video is up, the rest are still processing...

I "gamed" this string of fire a bit. See if you can spot what I did...
    [video]https://youtu.be/sVkMKcYVbB8[/video]

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Hop,

Awesome video! You might have scored better if you held your head straight though :): (for the record, Hop was one of the top shooters today, was really nailing the targets). Great day shooting with some great guys on an AWESOME range!

One POV video is up, the rest are still processing...

I "gamed" this string of fire a bit. See if you can spot what I did...
    [video]https://youtu.be/sVkMKcYVbB8[/video]

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Today was a great day, and a big thank you to all the shooters for being safe and the feedback. Big shout out to Joker and Matt for scoring the only perfect hit to kill ratios. This first event was a success and an AAR will be forthcoming along with more pics and videos.

Top Bottom