• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Based on the suggestions in my last post asking where I should go and shoot, I ended up at Atterbury around 11am today. After a couple hours shooting in the handgun and rifle ranges, I left very satisfied and knowing that I found my new range. For those not familiar with the range, here are some thoughts. First, it took me less than 40 minutes from my door (I live in Beech Grove) to the range parking lot. Second, the range and facility is large, clean, and well maintained. Third, all the staff were helpful and nice. Fourth, it was $6 per hour!!!! Fifth, there was a nice 'mix' of people there- some older, some younger and some families. Sixth, you should bring your own tape or stapler. The only other outdoor range I have been to provided thumb tacks, so I just assumed this one would too, and consequently I had to borrow tape. Finally, I would NOT recommend Atterbury if you are someone who either does not like to follow rules and/or does not like staff telling you what to do. They are very, very clear and strict about the range rules. It didn't bother me, but I imagine it would really bother some. For example, there are rules about you can have where (and I'm talking just about guns, but things like water bottles), and they make sure to tell you-not ask you-to follow them. The staff also walk around behind you and watch you, not to see how well you are shooting but to make sure you are being safe and following the rules. Again, if you don't like the sounds of this, then you definitely shouldn't go there. For me, however, I had a great time and would absolutely recommend it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Another Beech Grover, eh? That makes, uh, let's see, a LOT of us.

I'm going down to Atterbury sometime next week, depending on my work schedule. I haven't been shooting yet this summer, and it's KILLING me.

Top Bottom