• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    So when exactly is the range going to be open. I loved going there last year and would like to go again this weekend. Is there any possibility?
    It never closed. It is open and staffed by DNR property employees and volunteers. It is open on weekends only until a new vender is contracted. Hours are SAT 9-5 and SUN 12-5. Cash only Price is $7 first hour and $5 for second hour.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    Have you shot there? Were you verbally abused by one or more of those nasty mean power hungry RSO'S at Atterbury? Just curious. Thanks
    i have been there on several occasions and your the meanest, grumpiest, ro down there. wait, maybe that was phil or dave. no definetly you;). will see you this weekend if its warmer than last weekend

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    i have been there on several occasions and your the meanest, grumpiest, ro down there. wait, maybe that was phil or dave. no definetly you;). will see you this weekend if its warmer than last weekend
    I am still better looking than you. See you this weekend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    What's the latest status on Atterbury? Is the range open on Fridays? I went to the website and noticed that the home page is different. It is a price list for gunfitting by Champion Gun works. The hours said they were open on Fridays. Anyone know anything new about Atterbury?

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Much to the chagrin of you Atterbury haters the range will be open on the weekends beginning January 2nd. The range will be staffed by property personal and volunteers until a new concessionaire is contracted to run the range. The hours will be 9-5 on Saturdays and 12-5 on Sundays. The rates and safety rules will remain the same. Cash or checks only at this time. No debit or credit cards. No merchandise will be available at this time. If you want a clean SAFE and reasonably priced place to shoot give the range a try. Existing annual passes will be honored.

Also, you must drive to the shotgun house to pay. They didn't charge me the $5 deposit either so it was a straight $7. Their phone # is 812-526-6554 (shotgun house). I went last weekend and the range was running/operating as usual except for having to pay at the shotgun house. You pay there. They give you a receipt. Drive back to the pistol/rifle range. Go in the house and give the guys behind the counter your receipt and you're all set.

AJB

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Atterbury haters?? :dunno: I don't get it, Atterbury is a great place! If you have trouble with the range officers, report them to the management. Remember there is always a butt hole in the bunch. Then again... they maybe only doing their job.,you my be a safety hazard. :ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not have a problem with the RO's. As long as they keep their paws off my toys. It's paying $7 for 40 minutes of range time. If it was for a full 60 minutes, then maybe.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    i was down there this weekend and thought it was great place to teach my mom how to shoot. The range price was great too. Definatly the best ive seen

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Were you guys by chance shooting on a 50 yard lane on Saturday with a shotgun and a larger rifle? I believe I was a few lanes to your left with my mohawked son. Lol

Top Bottom